Monday, January 25, 2016

Explanation of My Time Keeping

    About four years ago, I decided to start keeping my time on my cross stitched pieces.  The reason was I felt that if I told someone it took me six months to do a piece, it really wasn't the real time.  It may have taken me six months but I may have only put in a total of 38 hours on the piece itself.  So I decided to do something about that and picked up a notebook just for that reason.  Here's a look at just one page.  This was my time kept for the "Live Simply" sampler I just did.  You can see that I


had actually had it in the stitching process for six months, but, it took me only 24 and a half hours.

     We missed the storm all together.  Oh, we got rain and cold, but no snow.  No sleet and it's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow.  I love living here!  At that rate, I should be able to nap out on my porch in the afternoon!

     Right now, I'm doing a little stitching on a gift for a dear friend on mine.  An old Jeremiah Junction chart.  Always loved them and I knew that this one in particular I would one day work up.  I'll show you as I progress on it.

     Will let ya'll go for now.  I do hope that all my dear friends and followers are warm and safe by now.  Shoveled and plowed out with heat and hot water.  It was an awful storm in so many areas.

     Until next time, and don't forget to "feel the colors".

4 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see how many actual hours you have on each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good way of keeping track. The most I've been able to time is I do about 100 stitches per hour depending on confetti. I have no head for journal keeping or time tracking lol I'm in awe of those that can

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...