Friday, September 15, 2017

Back In the Mood

     Seems for a while, I was doing lots of nothing.  Sometimes I wonder if I expect too much of myself.  Maybe it's that I think I can do it all, no matter how much.  I must have had four different knitting projects going at once and never could get myself to finish any of them.  I did finish up the little blue baby sweater and got that mailed out, but that was it. I set my sewing down one evening and didn't pick it up for days.  I was even reading a good book but decided to return it to the library yesterday as I didn't think I would finish it.  I just puttered around the house and did get some things done, but they were things that had nothing to do with needlework.
     I've been changing decor somewhat in the living room and the kitchen, and still have things that I want to add, but as a start.  I hung up a beautiful antique quilt in the living room.  Picture really doesn't do it justice.  The colors are far more into the fall colors than what it looks here.

Made some new pillow covers for the couch.  Six total, but just two are shown here.



Did some painting and antiquing.  A couple of stools and an old telephone table.  Also recovered the seat for the table.



     I have a crocheted square started for a baby blanket.  Just using a couple of skeins of cake yarn.  Baby is a boy so when he arrives, it should be good colors for him.  Here's what I have done so far.





     Then there is my cross stitch which I finally got back to the other day.  The piece is an easy one to stitch, and I'm liking the colors.  Here's what I have done so far.


     Gosh! Now that I look back, maybe I was actually doing more than what I thought.  It's just that my love is for needlework, and I wasn't accomplishing a lot with that.
     Remember when my "peanut butter tree" was loaded with white blossoms...Well here it is, all weighted down with the deep pink blossoms with the deep blue centers.  It always amazes me to see this go through its different stages.


     I've been dehydrating a lot of different things.  Preparing for our Appalachian Trail trip come spring.  I must say that the strawberries were better than the best candles when it came to making the whole house smell nice.  I'm enjoying using the dehydrator, and am trying many different kinds of food.  Fruits.  Veggies.  Beans, and even pasta with sauce.  Want to get enough ahead for the entire five month trip, so you can never start too soon.
     I want to thank all my sweet friends and followers for being patient with me during my slump. Thank you for stopping in and leaving your sweet comments.  If I haven't been over to visit your blogs, I'm so sorry, and will be over to check in soon.  All of you are important to me.
     It's a rainy beautiful day here.  Perfect day to sit on the back porch and work on my blanket, so I'll let ya'll go now.  Please visit soon, and until next time, stay well and safe and remember to "feel the colors".

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks great. You have been busy and you didn't even realize it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just coming out of winter here in Australia, and I feel like I haven't done much at all during the cold months spent inside. It seems like I've collected lots of projects but finished none!

    Gosh, love that phone table - what are you going to use it for? It'd make a great little crafting spot with its storage and seat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to me you have achieved an awful lot! The dehydrating process sounds cool. I've never tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LindaLee, My goodness you have accomplished quite a lot!! That quilt is beautiful as is the afghan for the baby.Your little phone table is adorable. Are you going to have someone mail the dehydrated food to stops along the way? Glad you got your mojo back, missed your posts. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have been busy Linda Lee with so many great projects. But, we sure missed hearing from you. So glad you are back. RJ

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...