Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Little Progress

     A little progress is better than none, and I'm feeling good about my hour of stitching each morning.  I used to think that one day I could sit in my stitchy chair for as long as I wanted to and stitch for as long as I felt like it.....I must not have figured at the time that my house would continue to get dusty.  Yes.  Dust bunnies hold meetings under the beds from time to time still.  I also didn't figure in that clothes and linens would still need to be laundered.  Bathrooms would still have to be cleaned.  Floors washed.  Well.  I'm sure ya'll get it! So, I really am satisfied with the time I do get for my needlework.  Below are a couple of pictures.  The first of the piece I've been working on, and the second is to show the other houses that go with it that I have finished.




     I need to show you a few more things in our yard.  I love this time of year as it seems every day holds something brand new to discover.  One of my Clematises is loaded with buds this spring and some have just started to open.  Not all of their true colors are showing yet but they will.


Love my Wisteria.  It grows outrageously wild in our area.  Is considered a pest by many, but I have my own in my yard and can keep it in control.  The smell is delicious!



Our Egyptian Onion, or Walking Onion as some people call them are looking nice.  We started what we have of them over 20 years ago from one that we were given.  They do well no matter where we plant them.  I use them a lot in salads as well as my cooking and all.  These sit in one of my herb gardens.

     One more of a perennial type of Oxalis. Oxalis Articulata Shamrock to be exact.  Again! These aren't  fussy at all.  Plant them and they'll grow for sure.  I love the splash of bright pink here and there..

Well once again.  I need to let ya'll go.  Thanks for stopping in and come back soon.  Love every one of you.  So until next time, stay safe.  Stay well and of course.....Don't forget to  "feel the colors"




8 comments:

  1. My goodness your Oxalis is a wonderful colour and thriving.I love Clemetis.I hope you will show a picure of this one in all its glory
    Great progress on your stitching.I know what you mean about those pesky household chores,stitching is much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could stitch all day too, but alas so many jobs around the house , never ending .
    Love your garden flowers wow just beautiful.
    Love your progress on your stitching looks beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont spoil my daydream Linda! I long for the days when I have no work to do and can stitch all day.
    Your Oxalis is the star of the show, it's absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I demand days like that. The chores can wait. My house will be here tomorrow. I think we all need days like that. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. We had a beautiful wisteria but the tree it was wrapped around died so we had to pull it out. We miss it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good progress on your sampler stitch, LindaLee! Lovely photos of your blooms and plants. Love the picture of the Oxalis! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are beautiful. Is that last picture an azalea? It's breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful stitching project and beautiful photos from your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi LindaLee! So happy to have found your pretty blog :) I love your LHN piece and the flowers in your yard are just so beautiful. Especilly love your purple wisteria! We are just having daffodils and cherry trees blooming here in western PA. Such a pretty, pretty time of year, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...