Saturday, February 1, 2020

A Drizzly Saturday

     A drizzly Saturday morning here, and it's the perfect kind of day to stay inside and get some cross stitch going.  I was up at five this morning.  Had my cup of coffee and have a couple of loads of laundry done.  Time to relax now.

     I have a brand new follower! Thank you so much for joining in here Sally.  I hope to get to know you.  Wondering if you have a blog of your own, so I can stop in and say, "Howdy".  Please stop in again soon and thank you for the comment.

     Finished my "Mares Eat Oats" this morning and I love it.  Here's the completed piece. I enjoyed stitching it, and even though I used pink hi liter pen as I went along, it is still very clear to see and all.  If someone would like the pattern, drop me a line at MissLindaLee@ec.rr.com.  Leave your full name and address and I'll get it in the mail.  In the subject line of the email, put Mares please.


I had a good week this week! By that, I mean that I didn't cave! No new charts ordered and as I've heard some say, down here in the south.  "Hallelujah and pass the bread"! LOL I did order two skeins of yarn for another scarf and after seeing one piece in the 52 week SAL that was being worked up with a beautiful green variegated floss, I ordered the green floss for myself.  Both items will be here today, so next post, I'll post a couple of pictures of them.  I doubt that I'll be starting the SAL anytime soon, but I'm making sure that I get the new pattern each week.  Stop on over and take a look at some of them! Beautiful! Here's the address of the site.  https://peppermintpurple.co.uk/52-week-sal/

I also got a lot of stitching done which always makes me happy and the purple variegated scarf is nearly complete as well.  I mentioned on a previous post, that these scarves will be for Christmas gifts.  The pattern I'm using is so easy and each scarf works up quickly.  If anyone here knits, and would like the pattern, please let me know, and I'll post it here.

 Bill and I are in a book club at our local library and right now, we're all reading "The Orphan Train" written by Christina Baker Kline. It's about the relationship of seventeen year old Molly and a ninety one year old lady.  How their lives change so much from knowing each other.  It's one of those books that are easy to read and hard to put down.

So once again, here is what I'll be starting on today.  Need to zigzag around the edges first and then I'm off, as I already have it kitted up.  Lots of colors in this one.  I'm going to enjoy it I think.


Spring Renewal - Cross Stitch PatternI

   Well, I must let y'all go once again.  I thank all of you that has stopped in from time to time and left comments.  I'm making friends here and meeting people and I enjoy that.  Y'all take care.  Stay well and warm.  Love each and every one of you, and until next time, don't forget to "feel the colors".




16 comments:

  1. I love your frog. Careful you don't turn in to one. Spring Renewal looks interesting. Stop over to my blog and read my news. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just left a comment over at your blog, and I'm keeping all in prayer. By the way....Jasmine is beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Da gusto ver una labor terminada su"Mares Coma avena" le ha quedado precioso y su nuevo proyecto me parece impresionante, seguiré los avances.Buen fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. You have a wonderful week ahead also.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting Mares Eat Oats finished, LindaLee! It turned out lovely. Thank you for the name of the book you are reading for book club. I have made a note of it. It sounded like you had a good week. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a sweet comment Robin. I'm please with the way it turned out. I did indeed have a great week. Have a wonderful week ahead my friend.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on finishing Mares Eat Oats! I'll enjoy watching your progress on Spring Renewal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cathy.I started Spring Renewal last night. Lots of colors thus lots of threading needle and cutting threads. I think it will be really pretty though once complete. Thank you for stopping in Cathy.

      Delete







  5. Linda, Love your frog wallpaper!! Beautiful stitch. Glad to see your are blogging again!! I put the book on my list to read, it sounds like one I would love. Thanks for the recommendation. RJ and I missed quite a few months of blogging, but we are back at it. Hope you can visit. We missed your time away. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped in just the other day, and I'm so glad that you and Robin are back blogging again. I too was "out of it" for a while, but I am determined to stick with my blogging. I enjoy it and love meeting people and making new friends. Thank you for your comment and stopping in.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the beautiful finish. Enjoy your new piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Katie. Think all I'll do is get a simple frame for it. This might be the time to try to frame it myself. I've often thought about that, but just haven't dared! Thank you for the lovely comment my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda Lee. I love your new finish...it's so sweet. And, your newest pattern is a great one. I look forward to seeing it finished. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popping in to say hello and I love you Linda! Have a wonderful day! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like you've had a great week :-) Love your finished cross stitch and the new one looks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finish! That is such a fun saying.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...