Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Oh The Rain!

     It has been raining good downpours since Sunday afternoon! We're getting flood warnings in our area of NC through Friday morning now! The Bluebirds are working hard to continue with their housekeeping.  As are the Mockingbirds.  Need to get to work on a new feeding station for sure.  I know what I want, and we'll pick up the lumber tomorrow.  Things just wear out over time and have to be replaced.  I do have feeders and water dishes by my she shed, but we've always watched them right behind our outside porch, so that's the area we'll be working on.

     Another couple of hours and I have a little more done.  I can see the end so close now.  Of course I will still have all the outlining to do, but that I don't mind at all.


Checking some things out in the garden and wanted to show another pretty zinnia.  You can see the drops of water on it, and how saturated the ground is.


     I have had a huge Nandina shrub for several years.  Planted it when it was just tiny and it's about nine feet tall now.  It's loaded with berries every year.  I've been waiting for a second one to develop for about four years now.  Today I noticed that it is finally going to berry out this fall, and they'll be a bright red.  This is actually easy to grow.  Doesn't need any special attention, but it is a bit slow I guess.  There are a lot of them in this area of NC.


          So today was a big day for a lot of areas.  Many businesses opening back up and running at 50% capacity.  Billy and I both feel that there is no need to rush things, and probably better if we don't.  Yes.  We're tired of everything being closed.  We too would love to go out to eat.  We'd love to start back to our local library.  We would also love to be able to hug those that we know and run into when out and about.  We also love the fact that our health has been good during all of this.  We don't want to take chances.  Baby steps will do.

     I happened to see a couple of pictures of pieces that I did way back, and thought I would share them with you.  My older son has always been a fan of Elvis, so I did this for him.  I loved doing this piece in the sepia tones and it was a Christmas gift to my son.


     Here's a second piece I did in 2010.  I loved the way they overdyed floss all worked together.  It was fun to do.

     I may post more of my pieces in the future as I find them.  I would sure love to see any of your's my sweet friends.  Send them to MissLindaLee@ec.rr.com, and I'll post them here so others can see and enjoy them as well.

     I love you all my dear friends and followers.  You have all been so kind with your visits and sweet comments.  Until next time, you stay safe and stay well, and of course.................remember to "feel the colors".


       

7 comments:

  1. Another great post .
    Your stitching is looking wonderful .
    And good to see past stitching .
    Yes we are only going to take baby steps .
    I will wait and see how things go before I start going out again .
    Take care and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LindaLee: Nice progress on the sampler.
    Nice blast from the past stitching, I love the Elvis design.
    I hope your rain lets up soon.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your pieces from the past look fabulous! The Elvis one looks like a painted portrait. Love the bird/heart stitch! Your spring WIP is moving along. Things are opening up here, but we aren't in a hurry. Please stay safe with all the rain you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still staying home, no outings for me.
    I hope you don't get too much rain, your garden plants look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elvis looks awesome and the colors in the other piece look great. Hope your rain lets up soon. Good luck at finishing up our piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little cottage garden piece, that is alot of work with all the color changes.
    Wow, Elvis looks like a photo!! The bluebirds are so sweet, we had bluebirds in our boxes this year. Loved watching them. We have had gorgeous weather for a change and I'm enjoying it so much, I would be happy if stayed like this all Summer long. Not open yet here but I agree with you, baby steps, I'm not rushing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The article is cool and very interesting for me, with your post here that I have read is certainly cool and quality, greetings from the admin Continue to work Jasa Bikin Banner Greetings from all of us who read it thanks from Jasa Cetak Spanduk

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...