Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Happy New Year

      I hope that this post finds you all, my dear followers and friends, well and staying safe and warm.  I pray that 2021 is a year of healing.  Not just here in America, but all over the world.  I pray that it's the year of mending, good health, compassion and love.

     The holidays kept us all busy I'm sure, and now, here it is January.  We've had a few days of cold and rain in our part of NC, but we have enjoyed the time inside with a nice fire going, and watching the birds feasting outside at the feeders.  We have more than the usual Bluebirds this year.  One of my favorite birds.

     I've got two pieces going at once here, and enjoying them both.  One is the "Great Silence" by Fran McKay.  Loving all the bright colors. Here is a picture of a finished one.

And then here is where I'm at! A ways to go I'd say.  I've only ever done one other full coverage before, so this is made me hesitate before I ordered it.  The colors are what made me go for it though.  Also,

as you can see, I'm parking the threads.  Something that I never thought I'd be doing, but wanted to give it a try.
The second piece I'm working on is the "Love Abide", and enjoying the softer country like colors when I do switch to it.

LindaLee's Cross SAL over on Facebook is doing well.  It has been fun actually, and the stitchers joining the group are cross stitch lovers like we are here.  Most of us over there also have several WIP's which make great conversation starters.  Come on over and jump in with us.  I have an open chat room, and a little birdy told me that there is going to be a hand dyed thread giveaway coming up.

Oh! This piece below was a Christmas gift from Billy! He knew I loved it, and I told him that I would have a hard time ordering something so expensive for myself.  He's such a keeper.

Well, I'm going to let everyone go now.  I think of you all so often.  You've been so faithful, and I thank you for that.  Now you all stay well, warm and safe.  Keep those stitchy fingers busy, and ................
don't forget to "feel the colors"





11 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces you are working on. LindaLee! Keeping busy here and praying for healing and peace as we march toward mid January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you Robin. I'm praying for the same. God will get us through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year .
    You have started off the year with some wonderful colors and lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brand new year, and we all need to fill it with "happy".

      Delete
  4. LindaLee: Beautiful choices for stitching, that flower is amazingly beautiful.
    I like the new gift you received, her designs are expensive but so worth the money.
    I do not do facebook but hope you have a wonderful time with your SAL.
    Stay healthy

    Catherione

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you Catherine. I pray that this finds you well. Staying safe and warm. Thank you for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes we need to heal. Love your projects. That bottom one with the eye is just gorgeous. Lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in Katie. Things just seemed to get so busy this year, and I hadn't blogged very often.
      I pray that you're doing well. Love you my friend.

      Delete
  7. Oh! How I love the colours and your work. Love receiving your emails also.
    kay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Great Silence is gorgeous LindaLee! I love seeing everyone's progress over on FB! I too hope this country starts healing soon and people will get along with one another again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful, bright colours, no wonder you love it!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...