Saturday, December 9, 2023

Where Did the Sun Go!

 When I woke up this morning it was a beautiful sunny day! Temperature was 65 and not a cloud in the sky.  What a difference a few hours can make! We're expecting some thunder storms to come in tomorrow, so the clouds are here already, and that means the sun in now hiding.  Yes indeed.  Thunder storms tomorrow with the temperature in the low 70's.  Sounds good to me.  A church service in the morning with some movies and cross stitching in the afternoon.


I finished the lap blanket and got it sent out the other day.  It should be delivered to Eddie today.  I pray for better health for this dear man "my daughter-in-law's dad" and hope the blanket helps to keep him a little warmer.  I was leery about using the off white that it called for, but as you can see, it really helped to show off the sections. 


Yesterday was so busy with doctor appointments and not here in Havelock, but in New Bern.  I'm not complaining though, as since we didn't finish until after one, we decided to have a nice lunch out.  We were so full that we didn't need any dinner at all! Always a plus for the cook here! LOL.  Going to make an easy dinner tonight of egg foo young with pork gravy.

A couple pieces I plan on working on in January.  First, the piece that will be a "stitch and send" piece from my LindaLee's Cross SAAL group.  A few ladies have signed up to receive this piece and do some stitching on it before sending it on to the next participant.  If you think you might be interested in this, join in at LindaLee's Cross SAL on Facebook.  When it is completed a name from the participants will be drawn and that person will receive it as a gift to be finished to her liking.  


And then, for myself, I'm looking forward to this one below.  It will be added to my sampler wall in our guest bedroom.  A much simpler stitch than Grey...............Thank goodness!


I wonder what you all have planned for stitching in the coming weeks.  I know that it can be a busy time of the year, but as for me, as I get older, I plan less.  Dinner at my son's in the later afternoon and the rest of the day at home with no plans at all.  I hope to get more stitching done this coming year of course.  Grey has taken so much of my time. 
So I will let you all go for the day.  I do pray that this finds you all well and know that I love you.  Remember that, "if you love colors, you can feel them"!
















2 comments:

  1. Bonita manta y bonitos proyectos. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blanket , you are so caring .
    Happy Christmas hugs June.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...