Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Start Something New

 

d

"Start something new" they said, and then I asked, "Who's going to finish the old"!

Isn't is exciting though, to get out a new cross stitch chart along with the fabric and colored threads! I've seen a lot of posts the last few days from people who have something new to start on the first! Also, more posts from people saying how they have their charts and kits and all set up for the entire year! I'm very lucky when I get a piece finished, and here others are doing a couple three, or more pieces a week! Amazing to me, and I would love to watch someone work this way.  Maybe I could learn some new tricks.  

I plan on finishing my one cross stitch project that I have going, this week.  Then I'll have to make it into a pillow.  I have my next stitch planned and all the needs taken care of.  Will be exciting and enjoyable to get it going.

Bill is doing better since his fall.  The healing is slow of course and it's going to hurt when he sneezes, coughs and even just turns just so.  It is what it is though, and he was so blessed to not wind up with broken bones or a concussion even.

A picture of the small blanket or lap gan that I'm working on now in the evenings.  Another, what I call a lazy piece as all it is is double crochet throughout.  It should be ready for another church pew come Sunday.  I may have already shown you the start of it, but now the colors are

blending in nicely.

Over on my Facebook Group page, "LindaLees CAL" I'm taking names and all to get a "stitch and send" piece started by the 15th..  Please check it out along with the explanation and if you're interested, join up.  I think it will be fun and I love the piece.

Well, I think I'll look for a good movie to watch while I do some needlework.  Bill goes to bed very early, so he's already sound asleep.  I've found so many great movies and now I'm looking forward to one nearly every evening.

You all take care.  Happy New Year and a year ahead of good blessings for all.  Keep those fingers busy with some beautiful colors, and remember, "If you love colors, you can feel them".  Love you all.
                                                    







1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, and good to hear your hubby is slowly getting better.
    I love the colours on your blog and the blanket looks great.
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...