Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Wednesday!

     Wondering if there's an upbeat song about the day, Wednesday! One o'clock here and it's a beautiful day at 53 degrees.  The sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky.  I have a sun powered prizm in the window that was given to me when I was in the hospital over six years ago. I was given one to three weeks to live at that time, and here I am today enjoying all of God's colors floating around the room.  This is just a quick picture I took of the wall right in front of me.  Thank you Father for allowing me to be here today.



     We had a lovely day yesterday as well.  My husband, Billy and I headed out late morning to a couple of nice thrift and antique shops.  Found a couple of neat things which are put aside for right now.  They'll be moved out to my she shed once my other windows are in.  I love natural day light and with just two small windows, there isn't an awful lot of it.
     After the shop visits, we had a nice lunch in downtown New Bern and then as we walked back to our car, we heard this man below.  He was singing gospel music loud and clear.  God has blessed him with such a beautiful voice! So we went over and sat down with him and sang along with him.  His name is Howard Matthews and he loves the Lord.  When you're rejoicing, you sing loud with a smile on your face!




Another which is a better one of Howard.  Can you tell that he's happy! Look at that genuine smile!

 

I'm wondering how many of my sweet friends and followers here are working on the 52 Week SAL over at the Peppermint Purple blog.  Check it out at https://peppermintpurple.co.uk/52-week-sal/  It's all blackwork type stitching and once a week you'll see a new chart for that week.  Doesn't cost a thing to join in, and it's fun seeing what others are using for the colors.  You also have the option to add a border as well.  If you decide to join in, have fun! I have the fabric for it but haven't even begun yet.  Been working on my current piece.


Another freebie for you below dear friends.  Just a tiny sweet little rabbit piece in time for spring.  Make a tiny pocket out of it or a tiny pillow.  Use the color or colors you want! 




I'm going to let y'all go now.  My stitching chair is calling me! "Mares Eat Oats" is all ready for me to pick up.

Y'all be well, warm and safe and remember to "feel the colors".







14 comments:

  1. I'm doing the Peppermint Purple 52 week SAL and am really enjoying it. Thank you also for the bunny -- he's precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcomed my dear friend. I need to get on over to your blog again to see if you have pictures of the SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that others are doing the Peppermint Purple 52 week SAL but as I've picked up several new SALs this year - I just don't know if I have the time to start something else as well. The ones I've seen all look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean dear friend about seeing so many beautiful things to stitch. I have far more charts than I will ever live long enough to do!

      Delete
  4. I really need to get my 60 odd UFOs stitched in the next few years .
    Love your post and love the photos and thank you for the freebie .
    Looks like you are enjoying life , good for you
    What a lovely gentleman .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are indeed enjoying every day that the Lord gives us! Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving your dear comment.

      Delete
  5. Wow. I can't believe you were given such a short time to live and yet here you are. So wonderful indeed. Love the photos of you and the singer. How wonderful to happen upon him. That little bunny is adorable indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcomed Katie. I am indeed blessed to be here today. After my three weeks went by, I found myself saying, "He's going to heal me", and he did indeed.

      Delete
  6. It sounded like you and your husband had a wonderful day out. Thank you for sharing the sweet bunny design. Always enjoy your posts, LindaLee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin. Thank you so much for sweet comment. Always enjoy hearing from you. Have a wonderful weekend ahead.

      Delete
  7. Hello
    This is my first visit with you.
    So glad you are still here to enjoy all the good things like a lovely day out with your husband and listening to Howard.

    Thank you for the cute bunny design and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Sally, and thank you so very much for stopping in as well as becoming my newest follower. I would love to get to know you more. Do you have a blog of your own maybe! Are you on Facebook....Thank you for your lovely comment.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful pictures! I think I can comment now. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SherryC53 from 123 Board testing to see if I can leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...