Thursday, May 6, 2021

This is Spring

      Here it is May, and spring is indeed here again.  Have been able to get outside since my cold has cleared up, and do some work in the garden areas.  Got all the seeds in for my annual zinnias and cosmos yesterday.  More weeds to pull, but plan on doing more this afternoon.  The roses that come up every year in our back yard, and started growing along the fence itself after all these years.  It's in full bloom now.  The front garden is going to be a difficult clean this year, with all the wild prickly vines.  We have tried to get rid of them over the years, but they're tough little buggers indeed!


          The Bluebirds are feeding a nest of babies in our front yard, and I watched the mom and dad swoop down several times at a Blackbird in the feeder yesterday.  Apparently they're getting ready to feed their own at the one feeder.  Making it safe ahead of time.  Many birds have enjoyed the fresh water we put out each day this year.  It has been so very dry.

     I'm liking the fact that I decided to go with simple old fashioned Geraniums for out small porch in the front of the house this year.  They just keep blooming and blooming and the two colors together are so pretty.

     I picked up my stitching for the first time in over a week yesterday, and enjoyed it for a couple of hours.  I didn't do any stitching at all while I was sick with that cold.  Did finish the book we were reading and expecting another by the same author to be delivered today.  Here's the "Grey Alien" below showing a little progress though.  Though it is still not showing any signs of an alien, it has been a soothing stitch with all the blues and greys.  There is even some pale pinks and lavenders in there!
     Will let you go for this time around again, but before I do, I want to remind you all again, that you mean so much to me.  Following me through all my laziness and being behind with the important things shows how loyal you are as well as caring.  Love you all so much.

     Enjoy today and remember to "feel the colors".





2 comments:

  1. Hope your cold has now gone .
    Lovely flowers already blooming in your garden.
    Enjoy your stitching and reading .

    ReplyDelete
  2. LindaLee: It is fun to watch birds feeding their babies, we have three families that come every year, a little stitching is better then no stitching.
    Nice floral photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...