Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Getting Into the Swing of Things!

     I find that I'm feeling a little better each day.  I still have my down days, but am so happy to be able to enjoy my needlework again.
     I just picked this up from the framer yesterday.  Finished it before I got sick, and just never got around to having it framed.  So happy with the way it came out.  Loved the colors in it.


     This past week, after finding I had skeins of yarn in my yarn stash, I decided to make up some scarves.  Here's a picture of the four I have finished, and the fifth one is is a bowl at the base of them.  I have a second picture of the red one, as it really doesn't have yellow or orange in it at all, and the black didn't show up in the group picture.





     It was in the lower 70's here over the weekend  Beautiful sunny days, and now it's back to normal for this time of year.  Down in the 50's, and chilly.  Bill caught me at the computer last night after I decided my nose had been cold long enough.  I had wrapped one of my scarves around my head, covering my nose.  Was perfectly comfortable then.  I'm sure glad he likes me!



     Will be right with my cross stitch today.  Relaxing with a blanket on my feet and enjoying the colors in "I'm A Stitcher".
     Oh! Have any of you seen the year long SAL over at "By The Bay"  I love it and have decided to go with it.  You can be billed at only six dollars a month, and I all ready had but a few of the colors called for.  You can always, as she said, change the colors.  I'm going with the ones called for though.  Here's a picture of the finished piece.  You'll be sent just a small portion of the chart each month.  Just a 173 squares wide by 47 high.  I think it will be fun.

  
     Well, I need to let ya'll go for now.  So until next time, be safe and well.  I love each and every one of you my dear friends and followers.  Remember to "feel the colors".

5 comments:

  1. Great finish! Love the scarves. Glad to see you are on the mend a bit, don't overdo it. I would love to sit on the porch with you, afraid I wouldn't leave though LOL... love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your frame picture , and the scarves lovely colours.
    Hope you are feeling a little better each day take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your framed stitch is wonderful.. really lovely :)
    Make sure you take things easy..pleased your on the mend :)
    Oh yes I saw this SAL and oooh it is really lovely, but alas I will have to sit it out as I know I probably would not be able to keep up the payments.
    Looking forward to seeing your progress on it :)
    Smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like an Arabisn Princess. Keep up the baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better soon. I too have my good days and bad days as I am on the mend. So glad you're stitching that one for the Stitchy Start. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...