Saturday, October 28, 2017

Friends Come Home!

     Yes I'm still missing all my friends and followers that always show at the top of my page.  I know they're out there and will be happy when Blogger takes care of this situation.  I have a goody box waiting for a winner as soon as I hit 100 followers!
     Glad that I'm posting this morning.  Seems I put off so many things I enjoy, and yet I can't really see where I've spent the time.  A little here and a little there around the house and that's it.  I am so thankful that I have faithful followers and friends who come by to visit and leave a comment.  Even though I don't post more often.  Thank you so much.
     I am still working on this same piece. "Autumn Hill" from By the Bay Needle Work.  It has been an easy piece to work on with beautiful and warm fall colors, but I had a visit from this guy! Looks


quite innocent! Look again into those eyes..... He threw me for a loop.  I am always so careful and count not just once, but at least three or more times every so many stitches so there aren't any mistakes.  Well...I messed up this time, and even after I took the incorrect stitches out, there was color left on the fabric.  You can see what I saw here.  So after picking all the stitches out and went over the


area with tape to get any little fuzzes off, I wet just that small area.  Used a tiny bit of dish detergent and a tooth brush.  Rinsed it good and let it dry.  All the while, I just knew I had ruined the whole thing.  This is the first time that any of my pieces had to be washed! Well, here is an update on it and you can see that the time wasn't wasted at all.  So signs of the error. It should go right along quickly


 now.  I was pushing it aside for a while there, but with the error taken care of, my enthusiasm is back!
     The weather is cooling and I've slept inside for the last two nights.  To cold to stay out on our porch which I've been doing for weeks.  We don't get the beautiful fall foliage here in this part of NC, but we do have flowers blooming still.  My Camellia is bursting with beautiful pink flowers and the tiny bees are still having their way with them!



       I've been enjoying doing some decorating here at home.  Getting into more country and farm type decor, and really having fun and enjoying the difference. Great boards on Facebook with great pictures and ideas.  Finding great things at Hobby Lobby for half the usual price and more things at second hand stores.  Then you throw in my Tiny Girl here, and it really feels comfy and looks homey.


Notice she's on my kitchen bench type island where she doesn't belong.  Plus she's ignoring me because she knows it!
     One of the things I ran across at a second hand store was this bear! Don't know where his permanent home will be but he certainly is country.  Handmade and is 20" in length.  Paid only $5.00 for him and think he's worth every penny.


     Well my dear friends and followers.  I think I must let you go now.  Love you all and hope that the day will be full of blessings for every one of you.  Until next time.  Be safe and stay well.  Don't forget to "feel the colors".


9 comments:

  1. My followers are gone too. I had a cat that looked allot like yours but she never got on the counters or table. She is missed. hugs from New Brunswick Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends have also gone , I think everyone is having trouble .
    Love the teddy , and your cat is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followers are gone everywhere. Blogger is definitely having it's troubles. Your stitch came clean perfectly and now you are off and running again. Love your little bear and what a big bargain for only $5. Happy stitching. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda Lee, I hope we get our followers list back soon! You must have been relieved when you found out it was not just you having the issues. Oh, that is an adorable frog photo but I know how much I hate having him visit! And, you are so fortunate to have your stain come out...I recently had a disaster and the stitch is ruined...many hours wasted and it's so frustrating. I love bears of all kinds and yours is very sweet! So, glad to see blogging again. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loathe pulling threads out and worrying if it will show, sometimes, especially with a red you can see marks. You did well to get rid of them. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to get the thread fuzz/color out of your piece! I need to look up this design as I am not really familiar with it. Nice find on the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still not seeing my followers either. I added the gadget to the left hand side. Your stitching is perfect, I'm happy you were able to get the thread fuzz/color out. Love the teddy bear! Happy Stitching xxx East Coast Stitcher
    https://christiescrossstitchcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the blasted Frog is gone for good!!!!
    Mr. Bear is cute, a great find.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I got my followers back and I see yours are back on the top of your page too. Finally. You found an adorable photo of a frog. It's really hard to blame that beautiful picture for your frogging. I'm so glad you were able to get the fuzzies out. Beautiful flowers and busy bee. Cute cat too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...