Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Getting With It!

     I must say, that I've been keeping my hands busy with the knitting and all.  I finished the pair of wrist warmers  for my sister and I just knitted up another scarf to gift to a dear lady we know.  Here's a picture of it.  First time with this color combination and I though I was leery.....I was pleased with the way it turned out.


     Now, I'm finished up the Christmas gifts, and was fascinated with this pattern for socks that call for such tiny circular needles.  Size 1, 9 inch circulars.  Felt like working with toothpicks at first! Once the ribbing was done though, I was feeling pretty good about them, and this is how far I've gotten so far.  I'm using self striping yarn and was told that as long as I start the second one the same place as I did on the first skein, that they would match.  I'm really enjoying this project.


     Now for a "great" grandmother brag or two.  Little Isaiah was just nine days old when he first came out with this grin......Many were thinking that it was just a gas thing.  Well, just a few minutes later.  He came out with this big smile and a nose crinkle even.  I'm flying up on the 29th. to spend some time with him and the rest of my family.  Please keep me in prayer that day as I am so very scared of flying.  Thank you so much.  Can't wait to hold this little bugger.




     
     We have been so fortunate with the weather thus far.  Even today with the mist and all, the weather is mild and no need for a sweater if you're just outside for a few minutes.  A lot of the flowers are showing their appreciation of the weather as well by continuing to bloom.  I love this rose from one of the bushes out front.  There is also a white one and a pink one in bloom as well.  God is so good.


     I will let ya'll go for now.  I hope that you're all well and warm this season.  I love each and every one of you.  Stay safe and don't forget to "feel the colors".


5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scarf you created! You are off to a great start on the socks. Oh my goodness, what an expressive face Isaiah has. He is so cute. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah is so adorable. I love the second picture of his nose crinkled up. I bet you cannot wait to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The warm things can be good for us, no matter if hand warmer or scarf.
    I wish you a wonderful Christmas.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects!
    Little Isaiah is so cute.
    Have a safe trip and enjoy your family time.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...