Saturday, February 17, 2018

Busy Time of The Year!


   

     A dear friend of mine asked me yesterday if I hadn't posted since December! I  thought about it, and had to admit that I hadn't.  With Christmas.  The flu.  A trip to NH to see my new great grand, Isaiah, and everything else going on....I had ignored my postings.  Sorry my dear followers.
     First thing I noticed, when I arrived here this morning, is that we still need only six more followers to reach the 100.  Once there, I'll draw a name to see who wins the surprise box of goodies.  We've been at he 94 for a while now, so let your friends know about the give away.  Keep in mind that they have to sign up as a follower and they have to mention the giveaway on their own blogs.  Here's the box below.  Shoe box size.  It doesn't look like much, but it's full of goodies.  I hope we reach 100 soon.

     I made, knitted, a few Christmas gifts and then crocheted up a kitchen towel and cloths to go with it.  Wish I had taken a picture of these.  The towel wan the red, white and blue ombre, and I did one red and one ombre cloth.  Made a nice set.
     I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever finish this piece below, but I have only about an hours worth of stitching on it.  Just got too busy with other things over the holidays and didn't pay a lot of attention to my love of cross stitch.  As you can see, all I have left are the long stitches in the leaves.  Maybe today........


      I have seen quite a few SAL's this past week or so.  Very pretty things.  Not only cross stitched, but knitted and crocheted as well.  Are any of my sweet followers here participating in any of them I wonder and if so, which.......  I participated in just one long time back.  Did good for about three months, and then got involved with too many other things.  I decided then and there that, that would be the last one.  I did finish it, but way, way later than it was supposed to be finished.  Good thing I wasn't being fined for being late! So now I look at them and admire what everyone else is doing.
     A happy but late Valentine's day to all of you.  This picture below was taken of my Bill and I at the local senior center.  It was a Valentine's day celebration.  The love of my life indeed.


     Must catch you up on another love of mine.  Here's the latest picture of Isaiah, my great grandson.  He just loves Peepa, my son.  They're so blessed to live so close to him  They're great grandparents.


Just one more of our four generation family photo.



      Well I was given a delicious fig bar recipe and I'm going to go ahead and make some.  Between the soup and the bars, the house will smell homey and fantastic. 
     Want to thank all of my dear friends and followers for being so patient with me.  I think of you so often, and just need to get myself here to this site, to catch up with ya'll.  So until next time, stay safe and well and warm.  Of course, the last thing I want to remind you is, not to forget to "feel the colors".
   

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful generations picture you shared! Your great-grandson is a cutie. It looks like you were having a good time at the Valentine activity at the senior center. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Post and how cute your GGS , lovely family photos .
    Love your stitching , hope you reach 100 followers soon .

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious is that new baby with his big, happy smiling face!! Takes after Grandma, great photo of you and yours too!! Hope you reach the 100 follower soon!! Great to see a post from you, it's been too long!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Nice to know things have been good with you other than the flu ick. Boy a lot of people had it lately. I'm glad you are feeling better now. Beautiful progress on your piece. Good luck finishing it off. Love your 4 generation photo. So special. Family is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, glad to see your post. Your great grandson is adorable. So glad to see the photo of 4 generations. Warms my heart. I see you had the flu. I did also and it certainly was no fun. Glad you are feeling better. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...