Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Down to Georgia and Home Again!

     We took a much to short trip down to Florida to see a big part of our family there.  Amazing how the kids all grow so quickly.  Here are some pictures below.  Families are amazing!




     I did a lot of crocheting on the afghan I'm working on while on the road.  I never know if working on something or reading is going to work for me while riding as at times, just checking our location on a road map will make me feel dizzy and queasy.  All worked out well this time and here's a picture of the afghan so you can see the colors.  Not the usual colors I would choose or work with, but I wanted something for the porch that would brighten it up come spring.  I think this will do the trick!


Just an easy shell stitch.  Easy to work with and using knitting worsted.  I haven't done much crocheting in quite some time, so this is something different.  I miss my cross stitching, but I do have one piece started.  Just haven't picked it up in a couple of weeks !at least.

     I've been busy throwing away, sorting and cleaning out still.  I've gotten a lot accomplished.  A lot of things organized, but let me say this! I have already found that being organized hasn't helped me find everything.  I have a pair of mag eyes that I love using when working with tiny stitches.  All my cross stitch things are organized and put away where each belongs.  I haven't found my mag eyes anywhere! I wound up ordering another pair before we left for Georgia!

     I've also been enjoying changing our home somewhat.  Loving the farm and primitive look.  Everywhere I turn, I see things that I just have to have, and it's hard telling myself I can't! You understand I'm sure! LOL.  Doing a room at a time, but have been working on our bedroom the last week or so.  Loving the comfy look and feeling.

     Still have lots of large branches and lots of debris in the area from the two storms.  It's a shame what people have lost, and continue to recognize how much God was watching over this family.  I happened to see this below, at the end of our drive and just had to take a picture.  Being Halloween and all, I'm not sure if this is what's left of a downed tree or twin goblins!


     I should let ya'll go for now.  I pray that tonight and tomorrow will be full of blessings for all.  Be well and safe, and don't forget to "feel the colors".


     

   
 
   

4 comments:

  1. Lovely family post , Love your blanket .

    Have a lovely Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween and I like your two goblins, pretty afghan. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your afghan is looking good. What wonderful family photos you shared! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had family time and what a beautiful blanket indeed. Love the bright colors. Organizing is such a pain but you feel fantastic when it's over. Now that you ordered a new set don't worry I'm sure the old set will show up some place you looked a thousand times already haha. The way it works.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...