Monday, May 27, 2019

Back Once Again Even

     To each and every one of my faithful followers I want to say,


It has been months since I've posted as you can see by the dates on my posts.  I've come to realize that though I'm still the person I've always been, I'm needing to slow things down a bit.  My health is fine and has been, but I'm no longer fill with the energy I once had.  There is still every bit as much to do during every day, but more and more is being left undone.  I've heard people joke about their get up and go, has got up and left.  I always thought it was funny.  At 73 though, I have to face the fact that I'm no longer the energetic person I was.  I hate this about me, but that's the way it is now and probably will be in the future.  I've ignored housework.  Shopping.  Yard work, and even a lot of the things that I love.  Such as my needlework of all kinds.  I have a couple of things in the works but it seems like it's taking me forever to get back in the groove.  Now that is indeed sad.  I will keep trying.  If any one else has been experiencing this and have found things that help, please let me know.
We've had a box turtle in our yard for the last few days, and our new pup really doesn't know what to think of it.  We've found that the turtle loves cantaloupe and watermelon. First the turtle here.


Beautiful markings and only about eight inch long total.  Now for our new pup, Guthrie. 


He's our little eight pound Yorkypoo that we got from a local ASPCA.  Stole our hearts and he knows it.  Doing pretty good with the potty training.  He already sits and stays on command.  So now we have two adopted dogs and one adopted cat.  Love them all.
I've been working some on a pullover summer top for a birthday gift.  Need to get with it though as the birthday is right around the corner and I still have quite a bit to do.  That thing that I was talking about earlier, creeps up on me in the early evening, and I just don't seem to have the strength to pick it up.  LOL  Sounds like a sad situation! The red is actually brighter than what it looks here.  Loving the shell stitch that it calls for.



Another thing that I've had in the works for so long is this cross stitch.  I do love working on it with the colors it calls for and all.  It calls my name, and I've been ignoring it! I love cross stitching as you know.  Just need to get back into the groove.  This too is for a gift.


It has been very, very hot and humid here, so outside work is at the minimum anyway.  Must say though that the three raised beds that we have are looking nice with the herbs, veggies and flowers we've put in.  I love working with God's earth, and He has been kind enough to give us a small portion of it.  He is good all the time.  Hope to make some fig jam and can some green beans this year.
It looks like only seven more followers to go here and I'll be drawing a winner and shipping off the giveaway box.  No, I haven't forgotten and still look forward to drawing that name.  So, if you haven't entered to win it, please do.
That's all for now my dear friends and followers.  I do hope to make this the start of a permanent comeback to my blog.  I enjoy blogging and I love meeting new friends.  Love each and every one of you.  So stay well and remember to "feel the colors".



5 comments:

  1. It was good to see your new post, LindaLee. Guthrie is adorable. How do they all get along? The summer top you are making is a lovely color and I love your My Big Toe Quaker WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see your post, LindaLee.
    I've not posted to my blog in in 14 months. My energy levels were shattered with the heat & humidity of summer, here on the mid north coast of NSW Australia. Also dealing with family loss, has been instrumental in my loss of communication. We missed Autumn, Winter turned up this morning, with very low temps and more to come in the next few days.
    I have that wonderful cross stitch pattern in my "to do" basket. It has been there for 14 years.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LindaLee, very happy to see you posting again. I have been wondering about you. I'm sure training a little puppy contributes to being tired. Yes, my get up go has gotten up and left. LOL Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see another post from you. Lately I've been buried in stress so I know how you feel. I just turned 40 so I'm young but suddenly I have aches and pains I didn't have. I'm worried about what's to come. Rest. You deserve it. You earned it. I hope you enjoy your hobbies. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I've sure missed your posts. Glad to hear all is well. Guthrie is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...