Tuesday, July 9, 2019

July!

      Yes! It's July and it's a very hot and humid one here in NC.  Most are staying inside during the days, to stay as cool as possible.  But! The beautiful Crepe Myrtles are in bloom and there are so many pretty colors.  They're red, pink, magenta, coral, purple and lilac, and all colors in between.  They decorate the through road's islands.  The mall parking lots.  The interstate highways, as well as school, church and private home yards.  Here's a picture of just one of them so you'll know basically what they look like.  I just love them.  Getting back to the weather though, and I know, everyone has


 weather, though different........but, it seems over the years, it has become comfortable though hot in the summers, to unbearable.  More days with higher heat.  More humid days and nights.  Less rain.  People don't agree on global warming.  Don't even agree on whether it exist or not..To end this part of my post, I'll just say that "Yes! I'm a believer".
     We were planning a trip up to the Amish area in PA, but decided it was a long trip to only be able to spend one full day there.  We decided to put it off until cooler weather and stay longer once there.  For those who have never been.....First of all, it's a beautiful area.  So many green fields and beautiful farmlands.  The people are welcoming and genuine.  So much to see and do in the area.  Just wonderful.
     I have been slowly stitching along.  Though I haven't gotten a lot done since last post, I'm happy to say, that I'm at least stitching every couple of days or so.  I think I was in a slump last post and was fighting to get out! It ain't easy getting old!  Here's a couple of pictures of a little bit of stitching.  The first picture is a quick stitch and I want to make it up into a tiny pillow for a friend.


And this below is Quaker Seasons that I've been working on for a while.  It pleases me every time I get another motif done.  This also, will be gifted.


     Two summers ago, I brought home some seeds from a Buttercup Primrose from up in NH.  I love the bright yellow of the flowers, but even more so, the fact that the birds feed from the seeds all winter.  Well......last summer I never saw a trace of them in my yard.  I was so dissapointed.  All of a sudden, this spring, a new plant came up in my garden area, and I had to look into it to see what it was.  I came close to pulling it up, but decided to wait on it..  Well, wouldn't you know it! Here are a couple of pictures of my primroses! Thank you so much Father.



          We had a beautiful sunset last night.  We can't see it in total from our house, but we can enjoy the beauty of the color tones it brings behind all the trees and all.  A beautiful calming evening.


  

     Well, I guess I'd better let ya'll go for now.   It's only two pm here, but time for a nap.  A gift that I've grown to love!
     So each and every one of you please take care.  Enjoy the summer weather and stay cool.  Drink lots of water and all.  Love you.  The last thing of course is, "feel the colors".  Thanks for stopping in.





6 comments:

  1. love the header with the heart and birds. Yes, it has gotten hotter now. I too believe in Global Warming. Why are the ice caps melting then if not global warming. Why are the Oceans warmer and the fish dying. Can't those fools who don't believe see what is under their noses.
    I love your trees. I like your stitching too. I like your Love Never Fails. Big hugs from hot New Brunswick. Stay cool my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree , love it and your stitching looks great and photos wonderful .
    Global warming is a worry so many trees are cut down every year in some countries .
    But the world has changed in the past we once had tropical weather here in the UK and we also had ice age .
    So who knows I think our records have only been collected in the last 100 years in the UK .
    Too many cars and the loss of trees is a worry here in our country .
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. Yes it went from wet and cold here in Indiana to HOT and no rain. Never know what the weather will be. Beautiful stitching. Gorgeous new flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the Crepe Myrtles are an awesome sight!
    We've a lot of strange weather here in WI also.
    Bright & sunny 1 minute, a downpour the next.
    You never know when it's coming, so sudden!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty stitching Linda, are the two pieces done on the same colour fabric? such a lovely tone. Gorgeous sunset and tree photos and you made me smile with the Buttercup primrose plants, as most new specimens I plant usually get pulled up by DH not recognising them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LindaLee: Lovely designs you are working on.
    Thank-you for sharing such beautiful outdoor photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...