Saturday, August 17, 2019

August!

     Before we know it, we'll be talking autumn cross stitch charts and taking away our summer decorations and bringing in the Bittersweet, the acorns and seed pods.  Putting away our brighter lighter feeling colors to replace with our earthy colors.  Greens, browns, oranges and all.  Who doesn't love the changes I wonder......
     Seems that this month is rushing by, and as always, I haven't accomplished anywhere near what I wanted to.  I'm not talking about big projects inside or out, but just finishing up a couple of pieces I've been working on.  I have an afghan that is all spring and summery colors about a third done.  It hasn't seen one day of daylight........or lamp light in months.  I can use the excuse though, that it has been too hot and humid to work on it.  Of course inside is always very comfortable with the air conditioning on, but that's beside the point!
     I have been picking away, and I do mean picking, on my cross stitching.  Getting close to being done on this one, and I've enjoyed it.


     I finished this one up, but you can see where I had to frog, and I need to continue to try to get the telltale signs taken care of.  Wondering if any of my dear friends have any suggestions.   I'll be making a small pillow out of this and sending it to a dear Amish family that I had the blessing of meeting while in Pennsylvania.


     Just started another which will be for a friend also.  This one won't take long, and I'll show you when  it's finished.

     I'm excited to let y'all know that I'll be getting a she shed within the next month, and I'm so looking forward to it.  It's a brand new creative adventure for me.  Something that will always be a work in progress I think, as I add little things here and there.

     My "peanut butter" trees are in their third stage of the blooming process and they're beautiful.  I look forward to them and the constant change of the flowers every year. Here's a picture of the second change........


And the third below, with a picture also of a branch loaded with the flowers.



Can hardly wait for the bright bluish purple centers to come out.  The real name of these trees is Clerodendrum trichotomum.  Many call it, as I did, the peanut butter tree, as you can smell the leaves when rubbed between your fingers, and they smell like peanut butter.  Our good friends, Pete and Sheila gave me my first couple, and they have multiplied ever since.

     Well my dear friends and followers.....I must let you go once again.  Still only six more members away from that surprise box I want to send out.  Don't forget and I haven't forgotten it!

     Until next time...Stay well and don't forget to "feel the colors".  Love you all.




4 comments:

  1. LindaLee: I love the designs you are working ion, so very pretty.
    I am one who does not like fall to come only because I live in a state where it gets to 10 degrees below zero and colder, I am a warm weather girl.
    I have never heard of peanut butter tree, very interesting.
    Have a lovely week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. Lovely photos of your flowers. Enjoy your new she shed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...