Saturday, December 28, 2019

Long Time No Posts!

     It's all my fault too! I think about posting and then wander of with something else.  I really need to sit down at least once a week if not more often, and catch up with y'all.  I love keeping in touch and letting you know what I've been up to.  Where I've been.  What I've finished.  What I'm in the middle of and so on.  So here is my first in a while, and I do hope it's worthy of your time my dear followers.
     Well Christmas came and now it's gone.  What a lovely time of the year though.  Kids all excited and adults with more than enough to do.  A time to remember the birth of our King.  I pray that if any of my followers don't know Him now, that you will come to know Him this new year coming right up. 
     I do wish that I had taken a picture of a scarf I knitted up for a dear friend for Christmas.  I used one of the skeins of Caron Cakes, and it was indeed lovely with four or more different colors.  I'm working on a second scarf, and this one will be put aside for another gift down the road.  This one is being made with "I Love This Yarn".  So soft and I'm really liking the greens and blues working together.  The pattern has 13 rows, with only one that different with the YO's and knit 2Togs.  Very easy and knits up quickly.

I did finish up the "Quaker Seasons" and all it needs now is to be pressed and framed.  Next time I head up to NH, I'll take it with me to be gifted.  I really liked working on this,  Loved all the different colors.


Also started and finished stitching a second pillow.  Needs to be framed with fabric and filled and all, but this too is planned to be gifted.  The first one was done with pinks.  This one in blues.


Now, I'm working on a rather small piece called "Mares Eat Oats".  Have had this in my stash forever and I finally decided to start it.  Just working on the lettering right now.  It will be a good future blog picture once I get more done.

I wonder how many here have a "she shed"! I just got one and it's slowly being made enjoyable.  Got the electric all in, and my next step is to add four more windows.  The more natural light the better in my opinion, and these windows were gifted to me! Excellent! After the windows will be the insulation.  Slowly but surely.  

We have had some beautiful weather for this time of year, and some lovely sunsets as well.  Love sitting out on our back porch and just drinking all the beauty in.  Here's a sunset from the other night.


Our new pup, Guthrie, has grown and has worked out to be quite a sweet pea.  He's as big as he will get at 14 pounds.  He's a smart little guy for sure.


Well I am going to let all of you go now.  I'm anxious to hear back from y'all.  I love each and every one of you.  Stay warm and well.  Have a great New Year, and remember to "feel the colors".


5 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts and am pleased to read what you have been done.
    I love blue and green together so your scarf is very pretty. Your little Guthrie looks so sweet, where would we be without our animal friends?
    Thank you for the wishes for the New Year in the colours and flowers. All returned to you for 2020.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a charming face your dog has. I want him. Love all your stitchings. Have a happy new year and all the best. big hugs Lynda Ruth and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. LindaLee: Gutherie is adorable.
    Your Samplers are lovely, please post photos of their finishing.
    The yarn color you chose is beautiful.



    Happy New Year
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quaker Seasons is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it framed! Blessings to Thee is sweet. Guthrie is a handsome boy; love his eyes. Lovely sunset! Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back. Nice to see a post from you. Beautiful projects. The she shed sounds a lot like what our cabin is. It was a 12x24 shed that we finished the way we wanted to. The bottom photo is just beautiful. So many pretty colors in that photo.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...