Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I Caved......Again

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12108991/?claim=sxf8xykxzy5">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

     If you're reading this post, then you're probably a stitcher, and if you're a stitcher you'll understand my weakness.  I'm sure that a lot of you share it with me as well.  Every so often I promise myself that I won't buy anymore charts until I've stitched up all the ones that I've purchased over the years.  I'm always afraid that when I do see one that I just see and fall in love with, that it will be out of print before I purchase it.....Well of course, so that won't happen I order it right then and there.  Then it sits forever with all the other charts I've acquired.  When I finish up a piece, I can't decide what to start next.  It would be a lot easier if I only think about picking up a chart when I finish one up, but noooooo.  Not me!
     Well.  I did it again.  I should have known better than to look at all the beautiful things my stitching friends have finished up or are working on.  All you enablers you! LOL  Then of course 123 Stitch has the WIPs and the finished posts each Friday.  Well, who can resist popping in and taking a peek! Not me!
     So I caved again, and in just the last few days I've purchased several new charts.  I couldn't help myself! Here's just a few.
     The "Silent Sampler" looks so simple and yet pretty as well.


Then there was this "Apple Blossom Sampler" A lot of specialty threads needed for this one, but I'll order them a few at a time maybe.  Again though.  I thought this was simple but pretty.


I saw "Turtles All the Way Down" and thought it would be perfect for my she shed.  Picture isn't very clear for this one, but I love the colors in it.


Then a sweet blogger friend of mine post a picture of what she was working on, and once again I thought it would be great for my shed.


Now there are a couple more that I've purchased, but I don't want to bore y'all.  I wonder how many of my sweet friends and followers here have this same problem.  Maybe it isn't a problem! It's an addiction! That's what it is! We just can't stop.

I finally got a couple of packages out in the mail this week.  One with the pillow in it that I've shown you.  I finished it up by adding a bow on the side of it.  Just seemed to finish it off.  I hope the recipient will like it.

I made another crocheted dish cloth for a dear friend of mine.  No big deal but I do like the way the colors worked up. I like using the variegated yarns for these.


Then I stitched up another small gift for a great friend of mine.  This friend is such a sweet lady.  Lovely personality.  Great sense of humor and is a pretty lady to boot.  Yet she has a hard time seeing all these things.  


Well I'm going to wish you all well and safe.  Dorian is still moving on up the coast and we're in its path.  It seems to be calming down some though and that's a good thing.  I'm still praying for everyone in the Bahamas and for Florida as well.  I pray that people leave the area when told they should.
So once again, I love each of you my friends and followers and don't forget to "Feel the colors".

5 comments:

  1. LindaLee: I am with you, I cave many times, its an addiction, a good addiction, like my husband says buy it now or you will regret it, he is soooo right.
    I love all the designs you chose, very pretty.
    I do hope you post photos of your shed when you hang the finished designs.
    Do you see the double hearts in the clouds, or am I imaging it?

    Have a great rest of the week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your addiction all the time. I do the same thing, but I use the excuse that I'm saving for retirement when I won't be able to afford the luxury of buying all the beautiful patterns, threads and fabric. It works for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The double heart in the clouds is so pretty happy you captured the pic. I cave on fabrics thinking of what to stitch on it. Love your blog. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year I tried my best to only buy needed threads and fabric, instead of charts. Like you, I caved a few times after seeing charts I fell in love with. :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...