Saturday, January 11, 2020

A Winner!


     Yes! I did draw a name yesterday to receive the celebratory package "for reaching 100 followers"! The winner is Marilyn Ferlitsch from Wisconsin! Congratulations Marilyn and I hope that everyone who signed up will stick around here for more fun things in the future.  I love giving and I love friends, so you never know what I might come up with! I'll contact you by email Marilyn, before I complete filling the box.  I want to put some things in there that I know you'll enjoy!
     
     It is a beautiful 69 degrees here this morning and I used the morning to clean our porch.  This is a huge screened porch that we use a lot, but unfortunately, we also use it to set things out that are on their way to other places, such as Bill's shed and all.  So it needs attention every so often..  I have actually been sleeping out there for weeks and I love it.  Nothing like fresh air!
     
     I've made a little progress on Mares Eat Oats, but got sidetracked with the scarf that I'm working on, as well as a book that needs to be read before Thursday this week.  Wanted to show you the golden star outlined in black though.  This picture doesn't really  show how pretty the gold really is.




       I went to 1-2-3 Stitch and ordered two different shades of light blue fabric to be able to start my spring piece.  There was a third shade that I really thought would be perfect for it, but they are out of it for the times being.  They will let me know when more is in stock.....Some of you might be wondering why I just didn't wait for the one I wanted in the first place, and all I can say is, "We all need to make sure that our stash isn't depleting!" 

     Wondering how many of my dear followers enjoy doing blackwork! If you do like it, go on over to the      https://www.facebook.com/groups/PeppermintPurpleSALGroup/.  It's having a 52 week SAL, and it's free.  There will be a tiny chart every week of this year, and by the end of 2020, you'll have a pretty piece with all the different ones together to frame.  You'll also find the size fabric you need.  Of course it depends on the count of the fabric per inch.  Do it in colors of your choice although it does have some combinations to go by.  Just have fun with it if you do decide to join in.  Sometimes a tiny little chart is nice to relax with.  Especially after doing some of the bigger projects.

     Something I would like to do, is to bring to everyone's attention to each one of my followers blogs.  There are some very talented friends that have so much to share in the way of beautiful stitches in different projects, and I would like to share them.  Now, some of my followers I can get to their blogs easily, but others show no blogs to look up.  Of course blogging isn't for everyone, and I understand that.  If all of you would send me your blog names and addresses to my email, I would love it.  So as long as you don't mind me putting in a good word for you or giving you a little public praise, please send the addresses to MissLindaLee@ec.rr.com! Thanks so very much.

     It's beginning to look like we may get some rain afterall, so I'm going to let y'all go for this time around.  I love each and every one of you.  Be safe and warm, and remember to "feel the colors".

Rainbow | Arc-en-ciel | Arcobaleno | レインボー | Regenbogen | Радуга | Colours | Texture | Style | Form |

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!
    Mares Eat oats looks like a cute design.
    I think 123 Stitch is so popular that they run out of some things fast.
    How awesome that you can sleep on your porch.
    I love houses with porches.
    I can't do that! We got 3" of snow last night!
    Have a great weekend, and thanks again.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Que delicia poder dormir en el porche!te veo en una amaca recostado y por supuesto terminando el libro que tienes entre manos.Felicidades a Marilin, seguro que serán unos colores preciosos.Feliz fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also doing the Peppermint Purple SAL. It's been fun so far! I figured you went ahead and ordered the other blues because you wanted to get started right away! To see my blogs, click on my name and then on my profile. Only the top one is active right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Marilyn! Please share a photo of what you're sending. It will be nice to see. Great progress. 123stitch is a fantastic place. It's very easy to build up a stash on there. I'm trying to say no to the blackwork SAL. We'll see if I stick to the no though haha. My blog is Jeremiah's Mom http://dragonsluver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the lovely Marilyn .
    I love blackwork and have a large design I would like to start soon .
    You would enjoy it.
    Click on my box photo and you should get to my blog .

    ReplyDelete
  6. LindaLee: Congratulations to Marilyn, she is a very sweet Lady.
    Mares Eat Oats is a lovely design, I love Samplers, I look forward to your progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good progress on Mares Eat Oats! Congratulations to Marilyn on winning your giveaway! I think it would be incredible to be able to sleep out in a screened porch. Enjoy the coming week, LindaLee!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...