Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A Trip to Hobby Lobby!

     After Bill woke from his nap yesterday, I told him that I was headed to Hobby Lobby.  I'm so fortunate as there are two my area.  None right in Havelock, but one in Morehead.........going this a  way, and the other in New Bern going that a way.  How do you like that sentence! LOL.  I wanted to get a few more things to fill the celebratory box to Marilyn.  I had so much fun buying and packing everything up! I sent it out this noon time Marilyn and you should have it within a couple of days.  I hope you'll be pleased! Let me know when you do receive it please.

     A little more done on "Does Eat Oats", but I must confess that the last few days, I have just been busy with so many things, that I have put less time into my stitching.  Will be working on it again though after supper this evening.  So far...........



     Got quite a bit more of the scarf done.  I find that when I use the variegated  yarn, it turns out to be a surprise as I work it up.  You never know what you might get! This makes me think of how Forrest Gump said that his mom compared life with a box of chocolates!




     We're still having very unusually mild weather here in eastern North Carolina.  In the lower 70's today with a gently breeze.  Perfect for working outside or in.  No need for a sweater even.  Just beautiful.
 
     A reminder to all my dear friends here........Send me your blog addresses please.  I know that I have been a follower of many of you, but I just hate to think that I'm overlooking some.  So send the addresses and I'll hop on over to the blogs, and double check on things.

     Just something to share below.  Cathy, who is a follower of mine over at,  http://stitchinggrandmacathy.blogspot.com/  is stitching up this beautiful piece.  I had never seen it before I visited her blog this afternoon.  Did I cave you wonder! No! It is indeed now on my wish list though at 1-2-3 Stitch! Not only does Cindy inspire others with her beathyautiful pieces, but she is also a sweet enabler! Check her blog out to see her works.

Deer Scene - Counted Cross Stitch Kit
   
     
     This picture  above reminds me, that I wanted to let y'all know that I would love to show some of your pictures right here on my blog.  No need to limit the pictures to just needlework, but they can be of your gardens, your family, other hobbies and interests, etc.. Just email the pictures to me at MissLindaLee@ec.rr.com and I'll post them here for you.  I'm sure every one of us here have things that we'd like to share.  So go for it, and start sending! Just another fun way to share.

     For now, I have to let you go once again.  Close to supper here and I need to check on what's in my over here.  Y'all have a great night and enjoy all your blessings.  Stay healthy and warm, and remember of course, to "feel the colors".

Sun Moon Hand Painted Wooden Box Jewelry box by SweetenYourHome                                                                                                                                                                                 More

14 comments:

  1. I'm stitching that deer, too! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Hobby Lobby and Mares Eat Oats is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy! I am so sorry about the mistake. I know I had just been over to your blog and then posted the picture on here. I've changed it for us. Love you.

      Delete
  2. I will let you know when it arrives, thank you so much!
    I used to live 3 miles from a HL, but we moved a year & 1/2 ago, & no HL close. :(
    I always go there when we go near our old hometown though.
    Mares is looking great, & that Deer!! Awesome!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun filling the gift box Marilyn! I hope you'll enjoy looking through everything and that you'll be pleased with it. Thank you so very much for being a follower.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely deer design you shared from Cathy's blog, LindaLee! And thank you for sharing the link to her blog! Your scarf is looking good. I don't get to Hobby Lobby often; maybe once or twice a year. The two closest to me are each 75+ minutes (each way) in opposite directions. Guess I should make more of an effort! Your Mares Eat Oats piece is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Robin. Thank you for stopping in. I thought the deer was so very pretty. It's sitting on my wish list at 1-2-3 right now. I would love to do it up in the future. The two HL's in our area are both within 17 miles. Even then, I like to make the trips to either of them include another stop or two while we're that far from home. You take care my friend and stop in again soon.

      Delete
  4. I just seen that deer. What a beautiful piece. I'm trying to forget about it. I have too many projects now haha. I love all the colors in that box photo. Wow! The purple scarf you are making is just gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!
      I know what you mean about the deer piece. It's really beautiful. I have it on my wishlist now over at 1-2-3, but it will probably wind up in my cart before too long. Thank you for the lovely comment on the scarf also. It's a fun knit. Easy pattern and all. Have a great week dear friend.

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, thanks for visiting my blog and asking the question about the afghan I'm currently making. Sorry I can't track down your email address so I am replying here as a blog comment! Here is a link to another post I wrote about it where I shared a few more details - https://stitchingfarmgirl.blogspot.com/2019/12/a-yarn-on-day-3-of-my-challenge.html
    Hope you get a chance to get some more stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry Raewyn. I thought I had left my email address. I really love the afghan, and I went to the sight and purchased the pattern. I Have lots of yarn and also have a few skeins of the same yarn you used for yours. Thank you so much for joining in here. It's so nice to meet people and share the things we love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LindaLee: That scarf is lovely the colors lay so perfect and give it a very nice design.
    Mares Eat Oats is such a sweet design.
    The deer is beautiful, I will have to pop on over to her blog.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine for stopping in and your lovely comment. It was a long day today, so just relaxed this evening and did some more knitting on that scarf. I hope you do indeed stop in over to Cathy's blog. I'm anxious to see the deer again as she progresses. Have a wonderful rest of the week Catherine, and stop in again soon.

      Delete
  8. Book Private Tours and Premium Tours at a good price. Holiday senses can provide you holiday activities experiences and sensations to remember when traveling.
    Best South Europe Sensations and Activities

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your post. I am looking this type of informative blog long time and find your blog that provides information that I am looking for. Looking forward to reading another post like this one.
    Nice Post For More Info Visit: https://holidaysenses.com/

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...