Thursday, January 23, 2020

Itching To Stitch

     I wanted to grab my stitching first thing this morning and enjoy some time with just it and a cup of coffee! Didn't happen........I had to take our little Guthrie in to have his incision checked which was in New Bern, which means approximately sixteen miles.  Once finished up there, I ran over to Hobby Lobby to pick up the threads I needed to start my next piece, for spring.  I had all but seven colors, so I was happy.  Here they are all lined up below, minus the black and white which I have set out in my last project.  "Forgot to put it away".  Even with all these showing below, there are hidden ones in there that we can't see! This new piece will be so pretty and I'm looking forward to it.


Once I got home I realized that it was later than expected, and I wanted to hit the senior center here in town for lunch.  Wanted to see if we could help, and yes, we were needed.  Our good friend, Dave and I did the lunch chores and all.  It went great and I was glad we could go.  Home for close to an hour, but being a bunco player, had to head back out for it.  By the time bunco was all set up and all, my fingers were just itching to do some stitching! LOL  You stitchers understand! I found that I was fidgety and couldn't keep my mind on the game.  As soon as I got home, I picked up my stitching and away I went! Got in about a half hour before dinner.  Will have more time tomorrow to enjoy more of it.  Reading back now, I am rambling.  Sorry my dear friends.

     I have added the new moon dates for 2020.  For everyone who saves all the teeny tiny bits of threads and even maybe some longer ones that are tangled beyond repair, you can display your orts on your own blogs each month, or send me a picture of them, in or out of a container, and I'll post them here with your name.  Send the pictures to MissLindaLee@ec.rr.com.   

Here's my orts for this month.  I know it's a couple days early, but if I don't post it now, I'll forget it for sure.  A lot of black bits in here as I used the black for all of the border and the letters on my current project.


Now once I move my things out to my she shed, I'll start using my usual container which you can see here! I love this frog and thought it was perfect for its use!  He had lots of orts in him from last year at this time.  This guy is actually 14 inches high!


Thank you for stopping in once again.  Love you all, and it means so much to me to have you, my friends and followers still with me.  I sure appreciate it! Y'all stay warm and well and,
"Don't forget to feel the colors".













   

6 comments:

  1. Love your post , I know the feelings you want to stitch but so much going on .
    You settle to start , then you have to get back up again the phone or the doorbell starts to ring .
    but it happens that's life , enjoy your day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems LindaLee: That all of us who wish to stitch in the morning have it disrupted by one thing or another, I wanted to stitch this morning, Mike reminded me I had a volunteer day at the food shelf, maybe stitching later.
    I love buying new threads but have so many I just buy when needed.
    Love the ort frog so cute.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That frog container had me chuckling. What a good use for a frog! I hope Guthrie made out okay at the vet's. What a lovely assortment of thread colors you shared! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, LindaLee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a busy day but finally you got to stitch! You are right, those coloured threads will make a pretty project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are all in that same boat Linda Lee. But, it sure feels great when we get to sit down and STITCH! Such pretty colors. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes life just gets in the way doesn't it. Glad you were finally able to find some time. Love your frog jar.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...