Tuesday, February 4, 2020

My Valentine's Day Table

     I get all my Valentine goodies out each year and arrange them on our dining table.   I was adding one new stitch a year, but decided that if I didn't quit that, I'd have to find a new place to set everything up.  It's just something fun to do and something to look forward to as well.  So here are a few pictures.  Most things are cross stitched pieces, but I do have a few other simple things, such as the hearts which are just fabric and stuffed a bit.


My favorite piece in the arrangement is this one below.  I stitched this one year for my husband Bill.


This is another stitched one below.


And this shoes the whole arrangement.


     There's another giveaway happening at the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe, and y'all should check it out.  I've purchased some of the charts from this sight and they are easy to follow.  The threads too are gorgeous.  So stop in and enter for the things she's giving away.  Not just one but many.  Good luck to you! Enter by going here.  https://victorianmottosamplershoppe.blogspot.com/

     I got in another two hours of stitching on my piece.  Can't believe how slow it's going, and I keep reminding myself that it has so many tiny areas with just a few stitches in many different colors.  So I do a few stitches and then cut the thread and start a different color.  I'm sure, in a few days, I'll be able to appreciate some progress.  I'll catch you up then with a photo.

     Though this is a short post this time, I'm going to let y'all go.  By the way............The spring peepers are very load tonight! Spring really is just around the corner.  Love to you all, and stay warm and well, and "feel the colors".


8 comments:

  1. Lovely Valentine display .
    Love the last photo Spring is on it's way .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your display is lovely!! We are sometime away for the peepers to come out but they are a sure sign spring is coming! What a neat pic of the heart clouds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful display, LindaLee! I stitched your favorite for Bill 4-5 years ago for my husband. Mine is stitched in a pretty deep blue and framed. It hangs all year to the right of my husband's computer monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your display. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LindaLee: Your display is beautiful, the pillows are lovely.
    I am not sure what a peeper is but the crows and blackbirds are back as well as one robin, they usually do not return until March, I do hope we are having an early spring.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Valentine display is absolutely lovely. It's been my dream to do something similar, but so far that hasn't happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely Valentine's, what a beautiful display.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Valentine's Day display especially the one you stitched for your husband, Bill. I have stitched quite a few for my husband who is no longer with me.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...