Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Windy Wednesday Here

     Windy indeed.  It's cool and we are getting some rain, but more of a mist today.  The wind has been blowing all morning and now into the afternoon.  Trees are swaying back and forth and it seems that some of the smaller birds at the feeders are holding on just a little tighter than usual while they choose the seeds they want.
     I don't know how many of you follow the blog, Africanaussie, but after quite a lot of time away, doing busy things, Gillian is back.  I have always loved her blog.  She does a lot of gardening.  Has a few recipes over there to share as well.  Check it out.
     Little, fluffy, Guthrie got his first clipping about a week ago.  He was just so adorable with the long curly coat that he had, that we just kept putting shortening it off.  With warmer weather on the way, I figured that now was the time.  We knew he had eyes, but only got to see them from time to time before!

He did great at the groomers, and he's still a cute little stinker! Unfortunately, he has had a couple o
seizures recently.  Didn't realize what the first one was, as I've never had a dog to this.  I thought maybe he had just got bitten outside by a snake or something.  Rushed him to the vet, which is right around the corner from us, and he was fine as soon as we got inside.  So, the second one, Billy knew what was happening and just kept him safe while he fought through it.  He has a yearly check up coming up, so we'll be addressing this then.
     I've stuck to my promise "to myself" and haven't purchased anything new in the way of cross stitch.  I have seen some really neat charts and all, but I'm determined that this is the year for my WIPs to be finished up number one.  Number two, the year to organize the charts that I do have, so I'll know where to start with them in the new year!  I've stuck with "Grey Alien" and am very close to the one eye, which I think makes the whole piece perfect! Here's where I am at this time. I try to get an hour in of stitching  first thing in the morning, and have decided that the perfect time to stitch during the day is when hubby, Billy is napping.  So while he's catching up on some sleep, I'll be catching up on my stitching!

     With the gas stations out of gas now, I'm wondering what will be next.  It was a long summer last year due to the virus.  Now I'm wondering if this year will find many staying home because of the gas shortage.  News has it that we'll be back to normal by the weekend, but how do they know, when they aren't even sure of all the details that started it yet!
     Just got word the other day, that our local senior center is opening back up this week.  First to pick back up is the yoga and tai chi classes.  We were going there a couple of times a week for lunches before they closed due to the pandemic.  Billy for the yoga and I was going for the bunco also.  It has so many fun things for the seniors, and it will be nice to see so many of the members start back again.  We have lost a few since the close.  One from COVID that I know of, but others from different things.
     I think this is it for this time my dear friends and followers.  Continue to stay safe and well.  Keep those fingers busy and of course, don't forget to "feel the colors".  Love you all.

5 comments:

  1. Bless him your little Guthrie looks so cute with his new hair cut.
    Great progress on your stitching .
    We also have Windy and wet weather .
    Have a happy week.


    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your sweet puppy! Thank you Linda for stopping by my blog. I am having trouble responding to comments for some reason . Wanted you to know I read it. I've lost touch with so many now that I'm not on Facebook anymore. Don't really miss Facebook though! I am happy stitching and enjoying life. Love you! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. How smart little Guthrie looks. Hope you get his health sorted out. Lots of needed rain this week in our area too but I´m eagerly awaiting some sun to cheer us up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Gutherie is adorable, so sorry to hear about the seizures, I hope he is doing better.
    Nice progress on your stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great you'll be able to get out again and see people. It has been hard with everything. I hope Guthrie is staying well!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...