Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Close to July. Oh My!

      Yes! Here it is, close to the end of June already! Seems the kids just started back to school, and some, the ones on year around school, are looking forward to summer vacation! We've had a mixture this season of hot and sticky as well as mild and rainy.  Seems it's always humid though.  The Wisteria has bloomed and gone by as has the Azalais.  Both looked forward to every spring.  The Mimosa trees are in full bloom right now and some of the Crepe Myrtles are starting to bloom.  I have a garden full of beautiful zinnias which a plant every year in memory of Grampa.  Wondering what's blooming in your area.

     I'm working away on "Grey Alien" still, and even with all the dark blues and greys, I'm enjoying the stitch.  My grand daughter-in-law is looking forward to the finish, as I'm doing it for her.  Seems like it took forever to get to the eye, but I'm there now, and love the detail! Just started on page four of twelve, so the finish won't be for a while.   

     I made a commitment to myself that I wouldn't buy anymore charts, kits or fabric this year.  I wanted it to be the year of finishes.  So far so good.  I'm not bragging.  I just can't believe myself! Of all things to not buy! I've done well though by staying away from 1-2-3 Stitch as well as Everything Cross Stitch.  It ain't easy, as you can imagine!

     I'm pretty excited, as I'm finally having cataract surgery.  First one is on the 30th. of this month, and the second on the 7th. of July.  I have worn glasses full time since sixth grade, and it will be so nice to get rid of them.  I did do contacts for quite some time though, and loved them.  So, with all the people I know that have had the same surgery, and being so happy about the colors being brighter, I'm finally going to be able to join them.  Right now, I can't imagine so many colors being brighter than they are, but where vision changes slowly, I guess maybe we just don't realize the difference.

     Another thing that is different in my world, is the fact that I'm now on a cpap machine every night, and it hasn't been an easy thing for me.  I think for the first month, the dang face mask itself wasn't sealing correctly.  It sounded as bad as I had before.  It would burp, snort, snore and moan almost continuously every night.  Most nights, after putting up with it for two to three hours, I would wind up tearing it off my head, and throwing it to the bottom of the bed! Wondering if this is sounding familiar to anyone here.  I was so determined to have it work for me, and finally, I'm up to eight or so hours with it every night.  So for any of my friends and followers here that may be experiencing the same thing, don't give up.  

     Things are getting back to normal in our area, after the pandemic.  We're getting out some now, and loving the fact that we can see smiles again.  Talk with strangers we meet and get back with family and friends.  It had been too long.  I do hope I find that you all got through the mess, healthy.  My son had the COVID, and was so fortunate as he said for him it wasn't any worse than a mild flu.  

     It's overcast here again today and has started raining as well.  I have clothes in the dryer to fold and some cross stitching that's calling my name.  Going to be a slow and peaceful day I believe.

     You all be safe and well until next time.  Enjoy every single day to the fullest and last but not least, "feel the colors".  Love you all.



 

5 comments:

  1. Great Post love your garden.
    All the best with your Eye Op .
    Enjoy your day .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LindaLee: I agree with June this is a lovely post.
    Its so hot here 13 days in the upper 90s which is unusual for Minnesota, we barely get 5 days of 90s the whole summer, little to no rain, hopefully tomorrow and Thursday.
    Alien's eye is amazing and big.
    I used to work at the Phillips Eye Insitute in Minneapolis a few days a month for 23 years, it was so nice to hear people say I can finally see bright colors.
    It is nice getting back to normal.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post today. I hope you get better results with your cpap machine. I can't stand anything on my face at night.Good luck on your eye operation. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous garden flowers Linda. I do hope your eye operation goes well and you will appreciate colours even more. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your surgery and you may be surprised how the colours change after, especially blue tones. Those are usually the ones that are dimmed by cataracts. And life with just readers will be a nice change! I do know some people that still use bifocals or progressives for "life" grocery-shopping, etc. but don't wear glasses full time any more. Great progress on the "alien"!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...