Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Howdy All

      Just wanted to stop in and say, "Howdy" this morning.  The sun is coming up and it does look like we have another beautiful day in store.  We've been enjoying cooler weather here and the Hummingbirds have left the area for this year.  The Luna moths are many this year, and when they nearly cover the Lantanas, the sight is beautiful.  

     Been getting back into the grove by putting in about an hour every morning on my stitching.  I caved and ordered this chart below.  I'll do it up one day and want to give it to a very dear friend of mine.  It's a full coverage piece and in sepia tones which I love.  It's called, "The Game", but it looks to me, with the yarn and all, that the lady is actually teaching the child to do some type of needlework.


I don't know how many of you do other types of needlework.  I do and enjoy each one.  Cross stitch is my favorite though.  I saw this afghan crocheted by a dear lady on another site, and just had to post it.  With her permission of course. So here it is, all finished and crocheted by Terri Shepard.  What gorgeous colors! I could just wrap myself right up in it.


Here's another beautiful afghan.  It looks like Scheepje's Whirl yarn may have been used.  I'm hoping that someone may recognize the pattern. 


And now, my dear followers and friends, I'll let you go.  It's a new day.  Rejoice and be glad in it.  Watch for all of autumn's beautiful colors, and remember to "Feel the colors".









 

4 comments:

  1. I always love coming over to you blog.
    Your new stitch will be wonderful, and again love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda Lee: I like the new stitch design, I am truly looking forward to seeing your progress.
    The afghan's are beautiful.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so long since you have posted, I do hope everything is ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to create such a helpful blog

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...