Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Here It Is Fall Once Again!

      Fall is such a wonderful part of the year down here in southern North Carolina.  The air starts to get cooler, and though he chill seems too soon to some, to others it's a blessing.  A blessing for me actually, as I'm finding that as I get older, the summer heat and high humidity is hard for me.  We "Bill and I" haven't done any gardening in a couple of years now.  Though we love working with the soil and all, we have to face the real facts! We do miss it though.

     I think when the beautiful fall colors begin in the mountains of NC as well as in my home state of New Hampshire, stitchers can actually "feel them", and wind up making beautiful needlework pieces as shown here









Maybe there are knitters and crocheters that love making beautiful blankets using fall colors, such as these.  







Away the spring and summer clothes go for next year, and out come the long sleeved sweaters and warm jeans.  Sweatshirts and scarves and all.  Fall is here! Enjoy it! The smell of burning leaves and fire places.  Warm apple cider and pumpkin bread! It's here! Enjoy every minute of it!

I am nearly done on a long stitched on, "Grey" and can't say that I'll miss this piece when it's gone.  It's a gift and I'm glad that I could stitch it, but it isn't something I would normally pick to do.  So to continue my creativity, I have been crocheting afghans for the pews at our church, and knitting hats for my grands for Christmas gifts.  Here's one of the afghans.


Over the last several months, I have also been a "care manager", and as time goes by I will slowly become a care giver, for my sweet husband, Bill.  He was diagnosed with dementia, and as the days, weeks and months go by, I see the changes the take care place with this affliction.  He is one of the smartest people I have ever met, and it saddens me to know what will eventually be.  He and I have always been a team though, and we're in this together.  Here we are pictured at one of our favorite places to eat.  Oh! If you think of it, please pray for Bill, and that this disease will be kind to him.


I pray that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! For the first time in a few years, the family will be here at our house for the day.  Our family in NH though, will be here close to a week for a wonderful visit! We're very excited about all of us being together at once!

Well I have certainly enjoyed being here and catching up! I've missed you all! So until next time, be well and remember to "feel the colors".










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post , but sorry to hear about your hubby . My dad also had the same but lived for many years with it , we would laugh and cry . Its not easy but we would have some fun times .
    Your hubby is in my prays .Stay strong hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you post. I missed reading your blog. I'm sorry to hear about Bill. Prayers coming for both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...