Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A Finish Indeed!

     This is from my surprise gift on my birthday.  It took me a total of ten hours and I loved every minute of the stitch! The colors are so bright.  Then I decided that, instead of framing it, I would make it into a small pillow.  I do love these pillows, as you don't have to set them on a bed or a chair.  They'll fit on shelves.  Small tables and a number of other little nooks where you want a splash of pretty! Here's the finish.  Thank you once again, Charlene, and there is enough thread left to do a second one.  Wondering if you might like for me to gift the chart and threads back to you for your stitching pleasure! You let me know my friend.



     Now after showing a picture of my great grand, Isaiah at his worse! LOL.  I want to show you what he chose to wear the other day, to go out and play.  His favorite hat and his backpack! I love this little guy so much.


   
Yeap! All the way to the back yard to play with a truck! Nothing in his back pact mind you!Funny little guy.


I decided to start one of the 500 piece puzzles I picked up a few days ago.  I have all the pieces turned right side up and close to all the edge pieces assembled, but I think it was a good idea to set it up in my she shed.  This is going to take me a while and I mean a good while! So it can sit right where it is until it is done.

I know us needleworkers will never run out of things to do during this quarantine, but what about others.  What are my friends and followers here doing to stay busy I wonder. I do know that I have some readers here.  Bill and I have always been putterers inside and out, so we still find the comfort of being home, still just that.  We get to the store about once a week I think and suit all up in our masks and gloves.  Our best friend Dave goes to the stores for groceries for us also.   We are so very blessed, with plenty of canned goods and things in the freezer.  Very blessed.

One of my long time school friends, posted this on his Facebook page today and I will share it with you.  I think the message is right on!


Now, I can't remember if I have ever posted a picture of Bill and I together! So here's one now.  I love this guy so very much!


     I'll let y'all  go this time around.  Continue to be careful out there and stay well. I love y'all. Until next time......Feel those colors!




17 comments:

  1. Love your new stitch it is so lovely and love the bright color .
    I love to do puzzles to I may do another one once I finish my garden work.
    What a lovely young boy love the hat.
    Your friend was so right with those words of wisdom.
    Lovely photo of you and Bill.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment. I worked in my herb garden yesterday and enjoyed doing it! I love gardening. Tonight though, they're saying we'll have temperatures as low as 30! One never knows. Stay well and Happy Easter.

      Delete
  2. Your new stitch is so cheerful and looks so pretty with the fabric you used to finish it. Not a fan of puzzles. Great photos!!! How dapper is your great grandson in his cute hat!! Such a lovely photo of your and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for a great comment Mary. Happy Easter and stay well.

      Delete
  3. Thank you Linda for your posts, I love to read your words of wisdom and see the colours. What a cutie that little G Grandson is and what a delight.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. Kay. What a nice comment. Thank you so much for stopping in. Have a great weekend and a blessed Easter.

      Delete
  4. Love your finish, LindaLee! Great idea on the pillow; love the fabrics you used to make. I have been thinking about setting up a puzzle on the work table in the basement. Isaiah is a cutie; maybe he had something to eat in his backpack! Awesome photo of you and your husband! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin. Funny that you mentioned that Isaiah may have had something to eat in his backpack! When his dad and his Uncle Guy were little, I would pack a lunch for them in a tiny cooler. They would always say they were going for a hike. They would go out our front door and go to the back yard. Sit and have their lunch. LOL

      Delete
  5. You both look happy. Your grand is adorable. Love the cross stitch finish. Where did you get the chart. I love to do puzzles on the computer each day. Have a great day. big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chart was a birthday gift, and I'm gifting it back to the giver with all the leftover threads. Plenty to do another one. the name of the chart is Color Outside the Lines by Needle Work Press. It was so much fun to do with all the bright colors. You have a great weekend my dear friend and a blessed Easter Day.

      Delete
  6. The most perfect verse from your friend and so true.
    Sweet pillow, you finished it beautifully.
    Adorable pic of the two of you and what a sweetie the little guy is.
    We are ok here, lots to keep us busy, I feel for those who don't have a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie. I'm so thankful for the hobbies and interests that Billy and I have. Don't know what we would do if we didn't have them. Thank you for stopping in once again my sweet friend. Happy Easter and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I agree with that post you seen. We need to take this as a chance to be a better world. We can do this if we try. Beautiful finish. Love the way you finished it. I love pillow finishes too. Your great grandson is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Thank you for your comment Katie. I hope this finds you well and doing great my friend. You have a blessed week.

      Delete
  9. What a little cutie pie you have there! Kids are funny sometimes with the things they decide to do and carry around with them. Nice picture of you and your husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving your dear comment. Kids are indeed funny. I love them when they're small like this especially. Learning every day an developing their own personalities. Be well and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous finish, it looks great!
    Awe, Isaiah is adorable, he looks like a busy little guy.
    Such a sweet photo of you both.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...