Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Meandering Morning

     That's what I came up with for this post.  I am trying to stay focused this morning.  The number one most important thing for me to do today is to get a letter in our mailbox finally.  I've been writing it since this past Sunday.  The second part of number one is to get a post out! So, as I sit here starting this post, I realize that since I've been up and all..............I've done a load of laundry and got it hung out.  Yes! I still hang my clothes! I got more pictures this morning and down loaded them.  I've checked my email.  I've listened to an hours worth of discouraging news.  I've looked for a leak stopper stick that I purchased for my big bird bath.  "Found it!" So, I have been meandering all morning it seems.  It's only ten now though, so I have to hours to make up for my bumbling.
     I do pray that all my sweet friends and followers here are doing well, and.........still staying safe.  Now Montgomery, AL is being hit so hard from what I saw on the news last night.  I pray for all areas where once again, the pandemic is hitting.  Please my sweet friends.  Please stay safe.  Wear those masks and keep those hands washed.  I've been using a lot of hand lotion since this all started as my hands are so dry from all the washings.  Love you all.



     Speaking of hanging clothes still! Bertha is heading this way now.  It's in South Carolina and we're in North Carolina.  The sky is clouding up some and the wind is picking up.  So those clothes just may have to be brought back in, damp, to be thrown into the dryer for a few.  We had so much rain last week, and we've enjoyed the last couple of days without.  They're again, talking about more flooding.  I just don't want to have to start wearing scuba gear to get to my she shed! Also said that there may be tornados as well with this storm.  Our area has been so blessed to not be hit by many, but we're always ready in case.  Once again, you all stay safe!

     The last few days, once again, I have done just a little stitching.  Working in my garden areas has always been such a comfort to me, and I got caught up in it once again this past week.  Doing a lot of planting around my she shed .  In the back corner of our yard, there has always been a tangle of wild vines.  Some mean.  A tree was also uprooted during a hurricane at one time and the root system has always been a great spot for bunnies and other small animals to scurry to.  It's wide open underneath it but dark.  I also found a second way into or out of it the other day while cleaning up the area.  It's just a perfect run to hideaway! That alone out there to is quite ugly by itself.  So I put some Hostas, Spearmint, Lamium and small ferns around it.  Lots of work, but so satisfying.  Once the plants get settled in, I'll get some nice pictures for you.

      I've done a small bit of stitching on my tree piece.  Can you see them yet!  This easy stitch is very relaxing.

     The Trumpet Vine in the front is loaded with blossoms this year, and yesterday I noticed some small birds out there picking the ants off.  I'm sure they had a feast.  We usually have Mockingbirds building a nest in there every year.  I haven't checked yet this season.  I love the deep orange!


     Before I forget.  My dear follower, Charlene.........Could you contact me at MissLindaLee@ec.rr.com.  If any of you know Charlene, please let her know that I left this message on my post.  I don't have an email address for her anymore.  Thank you so much one and all.

     Now this picture below is of a Magnolia.  It isn't a good picture that shows the beauty of it, but I did take the picture so you could get an idea of the size of each flower.  I will get another picture of a brand new beautiful flower in bloom for you.  Oh the aroma.............Heaven.
   
                                        

     I'm going to head over to see my follower's blogs.  You've all been so kind in continuing to follow this old, slow and unorganized lady here! LOL.  I love you all and I hope to blog again tomorrow.  Please be safe and remember to "feel the colors".


12 comments:

  1. Oh LindaLee, you make me giggle. I don't think you are old, slow or unorganized. It sounds like you have been keeping busy with your planting, your stitching, your chores, and your meandering. And I think meandering is a good thing. Your tree piece is looking good. Your Trumpet Vine looks awesome as does the Magnolia bloom.

    I am assuming Bertha is a tropical storm. I haven't been watching the news lately other than to catch the local weather forecast. Be safe and I will be praying that Bertha stays out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought meandering sounded better than wandering around aimlessly! I can grab something from one room, and as soon as I leave the room, I am wondering where I'm going! I know it's all part of the aging process, but I don't have to be happy with it. LOL. Bertha was indeed a tropical storm, and she kind of just slid right on by us, but moving inland towards the mountains. I hope this finds you doing well my friend. Stay safe.

      Delete
  2. LindaLee: Nice post.
    So sorry you may have bad weather, I hope it miss's you.
    Nice Tree design, you are making progress.
    I love seeing floral photos, June over at Butterflywings also shows flowers.
    I hope you have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Catherine, I hope this finds you doing well. Yes. I stop in to see June's beautiful flowers. You have a great week and stay safe my friend.

      Delete
  3. Linda Lee, The magnolia is gorgeous!! I'm so impressed with how huge the flowers are. I like you, have been spending more time working outdoors. I bought 2 hydrangeas yesterday and pray they survive my black thumb. 103$ for 2!! I bought these because the colors are supposed to go from white to pink to raspberry red and then wine red. I thought that would be so fun to watch them turn color. Yes, I can see your trees developing, looks great!! It will be a lovely gift. I think too many are not taking this virus seriously....I'm staying home and taking my daily hike in the woods, yesterday I walked 5 1/2 miles. It's good to get out. Can't wait to see your exterior she shed photos! Stay well. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember the name of the Hydrangea you bought! I would love to find one in this area. It sounds beautiful. Make sure you post pictures my friend. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  4. That is a huge magnolia.
    Take care and stay safe Linda, so many are experiencing so many different things as well as the virus at the moment. Mother Nature is certainly testing us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Julie. Everything is so scary right now, and I don't think we're going to see and end to the virus nor the demonstrations anytime soon. I know that the number of pandemic cases in the US has doubled in some areas. Including my own state of NC, and we hear nothing at all about it at this time from the media. Please continue to stay safe my dear friend.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Well thank you graycat! Glad you stopped in and left your comment. Wondering if you have a blog of your own. I'd love to return the favor. Come on back!

      Delete
  6. Lately I find some days just like yours; so much to do but nothing seems to get done. Sounds like you need to stay safe! Take cover from those storms!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Faith! It sure does seen like that to me also. I look back at my day often and wonder what I accomplished! Someone here suggested keeping a list, which I have just started doing, and it does help. It keeps me focused and what I don't get to I add to the following day's list. You stay safe Faith. Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...