Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Hello All!

      Hello all, and I hope this finds you all staying as safe as you can, and well.  This pandemic, I'm afraid, is going to be with us for some time to come, and we need to stay strong and do what we can to take care of ourselves and loved ones. When all the guidelines started months back, the puzzles became popular.  Some stores couldn't get them in fast enough, and even I put a couple of them together.  Some of my friends though, just couldn't wait to start another.  They helped to pass a lot of boring hours.  Then it was books.  Until the libraries started closing their doors, they issued more cards to new patrons than they had in years.  Then book stores saw business proceeds rising and rising.  People were still becoming bored and even somewhat depressed.  When I had a piece framed about three weeks ago, the framer told me that they were booming in that department.  They were getting about ten framing orders each and every day, compared to ten a week.  They were still getting the pieces out within two weeks of the orders.  Great job guys! Our friend, Dave was telling us that more and more people are getting headaches and more often.  This is caused from the stress of worrying about the virus.  Let's face it! We see day to day things getting worse and worse and there is nothing we can do as individuals to stop it. Okay now.  Enough of that is enough.

     My "Peanut Butter" tree blossoms, are in their next faze and they're so pretty.  Whenever I look out the kitchen window, I see loads of bees, butterflies Hummingbirds.  Here's a picture I took yesterday of the blossoms.  I love, love this tree and just successfully transplanted another baby one right outside a 

window in my she shed.

     I have continued to work on dishcloths in the evenings mostly.  Easier to just knit along than to count, count and recount as we do when we cross stitch.  Here are the ones I've done so far, and all I've used is the cotton yarns that I had already bought.  Yarn was tucked away for quite sometime. I'm seeing

an end to whole skeins soon and will at that time continue with mixing the colors together.  How I got on this knitting jag I don't know, but I am certainly enjoying it.

     I've also been getting in some stitching on my pines and have come close to finishing the third of the four sections.  Enjoying this stitch still. I'm looking forward to finishing it up and getting it sent out to

 the recipient.  I think she'll like it.

     Well, though the sun is shining bright and we have a wonderful breeze going on, we'll be getting a storm or two this afternoon.  This is the time of the year here, where they come quite often, and I personally, love them  They usually cool things off for at least a couple of hours and the rain comes in sheets it seems.  The back porch is the place to sit, relax and take it all in.  The thunder and lightening as well.

     So! Before it turns dark and starts to rain, I need to get my clothes off the line.  Yes.  I'm one of those crazy people that still hang them out to dry.  Oh I cheat as well! If it's too cold, they go into the dryer without a thought!

     So let me let ya'll go for today.  I'll be stopping in to see you.  I love watching what beauties you're all making.  Take care.  Love ya'll, and again...................Don't forget to "feel the colors".

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy knitting. Love the peanutbutter tree. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this stupid virus needs to move on. I love your beautiful tree. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful stitching as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peanut butter tree is very cool. Your dishcloths are looking good and I love the progress you have made on your pines, LindaLee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tree love it .
    I showed my friend how to knit the dish cloths and she has been knitting like mad.
    I love to dry my cloths outside They smell just wonderful nothing like fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work on Pines and great dishcloths too! I need to do that, but I'm stuck on socks right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Pines piece is looking fabulous, LindaLee. Love it! Your pile of dishcloths are looking good. Do you crochet as well or just knit? I love your Peanut Butter tree. It is fascinating to me with all of its changes. Enjoy your afternoon along with the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...