Saturday, August 29, 2020

Good Bye Laura

      What devastation from this hurricane.  I feel so bad for the people who lost loved ones.  Lost homes.  Businesses.  Vehicles, as well as precious photographs of family members and loved ones. It will be weeks before all the power is restored, and the heat and humidity is hard on everyone.  We need to keep all people that are going through this in our prayers.  I so wish that there was something that I could do to help.

     Well I've been keeping busy right here at home....like where else! LOL  Really though.  Billy and I are so fortunate to have our health and to have so many interests that we do enjoy here at home.  Billy did find out though that he has arthritis in his right forearm and wrist, and it has been so painful, that some days he can't pick anything  up at all.  Nothing they can do.  So he has been taking it a little easy for the past few days.

     Here's my pines that I've been working on.  Wondering if any of you seem to stitch more and/or faster as you get close to finishing up a piece.  I think some of you must.  I think I get excited about finishing up and starting a new piece, so away I go.  Now this may not be for some, but I love greens,

so it has been a great stitch for me.

     Someone help me! I've started knitting dishcloths and I can't stop! This below is my 29th. one, and I still enjoy making them.  I love the colors in this one.

     My peanut butter tree has gone through another couple of phases, and is getting prettier as the summer goes by.  The baby that I planted by my shed is doing beautifully.  Here are a couple of pictures below.  The first is right after the seeds from the center of the flowers started showing, and the second is from today.  The next picture I show you, will have the beautiful purple centers.

     I must show you this picture below.  It had just started to rain when we left for a trip to Jacksonville.  I happened to glance at the window in the back seat, and at first, I thought I was looking at trees.  Then I realized that what it actually was.  The streams of water flowing downward on the glass, was being blown sideways.  Maybe it just doesn't take much to interest me!


     The clouds are turning real dark and we're supposed to get some leftover weather from Laura with some wind and all.  We're so fortunate to not experience many of the strong hurricanes and storms that other areas have to endure.

     One last thing I believe.  We had our monthly book club meet, yesterday.  Outside with lots of space between the ten of us, and a beautiful breeze.  Here's the book below, and it looks like it has been passed around a lot! I've read the first couple of chapters, and I think I'm going to enjoy the read.

     I'm going to say "good night" to all of you, and head for my stitching chair.  I have my cross stitching, my knitting and my book calling my name! Ya'll  take care and stay well.  Lots of love to each and every one of you.

     "Feel the colors".  They're out there, just waiting to be noticed.  This little one below sure enjoys them!



 

     

8 comments:

  1. You always make me smile with your posts .
    You are always so positive Thank you.
    Your stitching looks great , love the photos of the flowers . Looks a good book .
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. LindaLee: It is so sad that the hurricanes leave so much devastation, I say pray that is good for all, even if someone cannot donate money to help prayer is good.
    There are organizations out there that help to recover goods lost in tornados storms and hurricanes, there is even a few people who look for photos in the mess and try to find the owners, I think this is an amazing thing, they do it for no monetary reason, no money exchanged.
    Your Pines is so pretty, I like the colors of the different greens.
    If you have too many wash cloths they can be donated to a food shelf or other free store, the one showing on your post is so pretty.
    Lovely outdoor photos, thank-you for sharing with us.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Pines, I love trees, you can give some of the dishclothes as gifts at Christmas or birthdays. Who's the little sweet heart with all the coloured clothes. She precious. big hugs my friend Have a great day. Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like I am playing catch up again, LindaLee! Your peanut butter tree is looking good. I have enjoyed seeing the various stages it goes through so keep those pictures coming. Your Pines piece is looking good. I have been praying for those who have been impacted by Laura. Such devastation, it is heartbreaking. Hard to believe September begins tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah's Key is a great book. YOur trees are so pretty and nearly done!! SUch a lovely gift and I hope the recipient appreciates all the time you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty dishcloth! Never heard of a peanut butter tree, now if it only grew some peanut butter ;) The pines are looking good and like they will be finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, so many lovely pictures to look at! Your Peanut Butter Tree is looking lovely, I wish I had your green thumb!! Your stitching is pretty and I agree that a project seems to go faster when you near the end! I love the way you think about and see the world, the picture of the window catches my attention too! I'll be keeping those who were in the path of Laura in my prayers and your husbands painful wrist and hand. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...