Thursday, October 8, 2020

Lovely Fall Day

      Yes it is indeed! It's 77 degrees with a breeze that's slightly cooler.  The sun is as bright as can be and the birds are here, there and everywhere! Nice day for a picnic even or an afternoon nap on the porch.  I'll opt for the picnic today indeed.

     I've been having problems down loading pictures to my computer for some reason.  So this picture here, was sent to my dear friend Jeanne, who then sent it back to me on Facebook Messenger.  Saved it to my pictures and here it is.  First of all though.....I love you Jeanne.  I've had the chart for this below for quite sometime, but just kept choosing to do up other things first.  I finally got it out a few days ago, and it was finished up in no time! I love the colors in it, and think that I'll make up another small pillow with it.  It's from The Little House of Needle Works.  I loved the colors that I worked with here.


     Not going to bore you with my Spring Renewal at this time, but will tell you that I have been taking it with me for appointments and all.  I just have the back stitching to do, so I don't even need to carry the chart along with me. 

     All my Spider Lilies are blooming and I just love them all over again every year.  They reproduce more every year as well, so I am blessed with so many of them at this time.  Just a couple of pictures of them.



Billy and I went out for a nice ride this afternoon, and looked for native wild flowers to bring home.  I'm putting in all wild flowers to the left of my she shed.  I want it for the butterflies and the birds.  It has a good thing going at this time, as it's loaded with wild ageratum.



We did find some Joe Pie Weed today as well as some Schweinitz sunflowers and some common Goldenrod.  

     Once again, I am so excited about such a tiny thing! Here is my first needle minder! I decided that I would go ahead and order one to see if it was anything I would use.  Well! I absolutely love it! No more setting the needle down and then not finding it.  I've stuck needles into my jeans, and shirts and pillows and the arms of chairs, only to lose them! Not now though.  I love the fact that it sits rights there on my fabric, and that the magnet is very strong  This is only about as big as a half dollar coin, but it does a grand job! I know........I'm silly! I just may have found something new to collect! Oh my!


       I haven't done any stitching at all today, so I'm going to let you go.  My fingers are itchin to do some stitchin! You all know the feeling!

     Stay well and safe.  My love to every one of you my dear followers and friends, and remember to "feel the colors"



      

6 comments:

  1. The XS piece is quite adorable! Oh I love those spider plants! You certainly have a green thumb.

    I love needle minders and have quite the collection that you can see here... https://faithnchls.blogspot.com/2020/08/my-sunday-stitchy-update-080920.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new stitch , and yes I do love the color too.
    Lovely wild flowers .
    Love your needle minder .

    ReplyDelete
  3. LindaLee: That is such a sweet Bird design, the colors are so bright and happy to me.
    I love needle minders, I do have many, I make them out of buttons and other items, I was like you I would put them anywhere, now with a needle minders they never get lost.
    Beautiful floral photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spider lilies are so pretty. I love your LHN piece that you stitched, LindaLee. Lovely needle minder! Watch though as they are like potato chips, you can't just have one. I am dressing up my refrigerator with some of them (getting rid of the ones that we have collected from businesses that are no longer around or the cheap ones from the coffee company that are curling (they are only 13+ years old). Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LindaLee,I visited your blog a first time.I very like to read it.I´m too strong handworker ☺ .I will returning to you.
    Have a nice weekend ☺
    Eva from Czech Republic/Europe

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely finish, it will make a very sweet pillow.
    Your Spider Lilies have a beautiful colour, perfect for the fall.
    Nice needle minder, the first of many I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...