Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I CAN SEE MY BREATH!

      It was only 50 degrees this morning at six thirty, and I could actually see my breath! What a difference these past several days from what we've experienced for several months.  I must say though, that it does feel so good.  Refreshing! Looking forward to spending some time outside for a change.

     I had been watching all late spring and summer for the Monarch caterpillars to show up.  I finally decided that for some reason, they weren't wanting to come to the butterfly plants in my garden.  I was disappointed, but nature is nature, and there's nothing more that I can do, other than what I've already done.  Oh my goodness! You can imagine how surprised and excited I was when I happened to see them last week on the Butterfly weed I counted this morning and there are nine very fat ones on one plant.  Yesterday I saw a couple on a zinnia plant, getting ready for their next stage.  When they're done feeding, they'll find other plants to home on.  Sometimes as far as 20 feet away! A long way for such tiny legs I must say!


I did finish my Pines and framed it and all.  It now awaits to be gifted.  Just got to get to the post office.  It took a total of  46 hours.  More than what I expected, but lots of stitches in this! 
     Here's a picture of the side of the hoop.  I covered it with a course deep mossy green ribbon.

 

    I also did another pillow up for my sweet friend, Lydia.  It was her birthday yesterday and her favorite color is purple, so I knew she would like this.  This is the third time I've done this up and I always change the colors up.  It's a fun stitch.


I'm still stitching the clothes and have now done close to 40 of them.  Something easy to do in the evenings when my mind has a hard time counting tiny squares! LOL Here's my latest one which is now done.

Just a couple more pictures before I go.  Need to get ya'll caught up on my Peanut Butter tree.  It's in one of the last stages before colder weather begins, and I must say that it is one of her prettiest!  The outside petals as you can see, are a deep pink, while the center of the flowers are a purple.  Some look to be almost iridescent.  On the same tree, by the way, is a branch that hasn't gotten as far yet! You can see that it is still in an earlier stage of pinks and whites.  



     So that's all for this time around.  My Billy is on the road today.  Headed to Georgia with my sister's husband to deliver a couple of things.  Will be back tomorrow evening.  I'll be working on some stitching this morning and in my she shed this afternoon.  Finally got my confidence up to use the electric saw and the nail gun as well.  Sure saves a lot of time.
     Ya'll take care and stay safe from the virus.  To think that this will go on for several more months! In the meantime... I love each and every one of you.  Until next time..........."Feel the colors".





     

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos of the Monarch baby. 40 squares, what are you going to do with all of them. Love the peanut butter tree. Would it grown in Canada or is the winters too cold. would love some seeds to try and grown one. Beautiful colours. I love the stitch pillow you did for your friend. Big, big warm hugs love Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
      Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
      Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
      Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Sorry I forgot to tell you that I love the finish on your pine trees. Just fab. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your Pines finish, LindaLee! It is gorgeous. Your Peanut Butter tree is gorgeous. Happy Wednesday and Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the pines and how you finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LindaLee: Your Pines is lovely, it looks perfect framed.
    The pillow is beautiful, Happy Birthday to your friend.
    Beautiful photos of the tree ( why is it called a peanut butter tree) it is exciting to see caterpillars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that the Monarch caterpillars showed up for you. I thought maybe they heard about the travel restrictions and stayed home! The Pines is gorgeous and I am sure it will be loved. Be careful with those tools especially when you are home alone! Enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...