Friday, December 4, 2020

DECEMBER! OH MY!

Well hello December.

Seems you came out of the blue.

It's turned so cold,

     and there's still so much to do.


My "Spring Renewal" still sits and waits

As does other stitchy charts.

Far too much going on this year,

     and weighing heavy on our hearts.


The fires took so many homes and land.

The storms destroyed them too.

The floods the pandemic,

     and now the yearly flu.


So now we're getting ready for another new year.

It can't be as bad as the last.

Let's keep our faith and hopes real high,

     and 2020 will soon be past.

                             By me! LindaLee Sherman LOL

     Just thought I would start out with something a little different my sweet friends and followers.  With all that has happened this year as mentioned above, plus all the politics, it has been crazy, heart breaking and scary.  Here we are, nearly a year from when COVID 19 first crossed our borders,  and we're still fighting for our lives.  I pray so hard and I'll continue.  God answers prayers, but we have to remember also that His timing is perfect.  I do hope, that today's post finds you all warm and well.

     Well we've had a few cold days and last night was below freezing.  This afternoon, I can see the shrubs and plants that have suffered from this, but know that come spring, they will renew themselves and be all kinds of beautiful shades of greens.  The Camellias and the last of the Azaleas are still nice and green today though.  They're tougher than a lot of the other perennials.

     So my moon piece is finished, and though it says it was made for a relaxing weekend, you better hope that it's a longer weekend than usual! I didn't have to frog any of it and yet it still took me a total of 32 and a half hours! Here it is below.  As you can see, it's behind a mat, which came with the kit.  I'll be picking out a different mat for sure.  Maybe a medium gray.  We'll see.  I think also, that the dark 


fabric was harder for me to stitch on.  Anyway! It's done!

     I'm now working on this piece below, and hope to get it done by the end of this year.  This will be for my son and his wife for the new home they purchased.  I think, actually, I already showed you a picture, but here it is again.  I'm loving the primitive look of it and am also enjoying the colors.  I have all the


wording at the top done, and started on the limbs and the leaves in the tree this morning.  Also have the one star on the left done.  I've been trying to spoil myself by putting in an extra hour of cross stitch in the mornings......By the way......The house shows it! Ugh!

     Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.  Ours was quiet but still had a huge meal with all the fixings.  Let's face it! Thanksgiving is all about family and food.  We couldn't have a big gathering so we decided to do the usual foods anyway.  My son and his wife, did stop in real quick, adorning masks and grabbed a plate.

     A couple of pictures of the inside of my she shed for you.  I still have the inside trim to do around the windows and in the corners, but for all purposed that I use it for, it's complete, and it's been great working on it.  I feel so relaxed out there.  A little piece of Heaven will all the things I like.  There will be more pictures to come.  This is the wall straight in front of you when you walk in.  It will eventually be covered with crazy, colorful cross stitched pieces! The picture you see there now, is a gift from my dear friend Jeanne.  It's a bust of a lady with all kinds of colorful flowers instead of hair.  I love it and it's perfect for me.


This picture here, shows the table and chairs area.  How about those pillows! I love em'.  I'll be repainting the table eventually.  The table's top opens back and there is storage space under the shelf that you can see.  We stitchers know about storage spaces!


This third and last for right now is of my stitchy chair.  You can see the hanging light above it and all my knitting needles in containers to the right of it.  A few pieces ready to go in the wooden box.  All kitted up.  I'm not a fancy person, but this is mine and I'm happy with it

     Jumping ahead! 

     I'm still planning on starting my beautiful "Great Silence" piece after the new year.  There is a total of 78 members of my new Facebook group who will be following along and even stitching together.  It's a different kind of SAL I think.  There are a couple of us who will be stitching the same piece, but most are stitching pieces that they have chosen to do.  That's actually what I hoped for, and I didn't want any secret stitches or charts or deadlines to meet.  Just stitchers getting together and showing their pieces and enjoying other's stitching as well.  Hope to meet lots of new people and make some dear friendships happen as well.  So yawl come on over to LindaLee's Cross SAL and jump in! Would love to see you and what you are working on.

     Will it's the month of Christmas and I'm sure lots of you and doing the usual last minute rushing about.  My mother was one of those people that would have all her shopping done in July, but, God bless her, she would be sitting at the kitchen table all flustered the last few days before Christmas wrapping gift after gift. Reaching for the paper, the scissors and the tape and name tags time after time.  I just pray that you're all warm and well.  Make sure you don't get run down these last days of this year.  Billy and I have done well as far as staying healthy, but we know that the pandemic continues.

     I thank you all for stopping in, and for the comments you leave as well.  I try to answer all, but realize that I so often fail.  I love each and every one of you, and appreciate you also.  So don't give up on this little old lady here in North Carolina! LOL

     I do want to get back for another post before Christmas.  In the meantime, relax when you can.  Stay warm.  Stay safe and be well.  Last of all...........You guessed it! Feel the colors!


     


     

     

15 comments:

  1. Love your moon piece and your wip looks like it'll be a nice piece. Love your she shed. I'm interested in the SAL you talked about. How do I find it on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have you join us Barb. You should be able to find it by going to the search on Facebook and type in LindaLee's Cross SAL. If this doesn't help Barb, please let me know. I wish I knew how to do one of them blue thingy's so all you would have to do is tap on it!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your "she shed." It's a great space for all things crafty. Stay well and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Cynthia, and thank you for stopping in. I saw on your blog that you have been stitching for 45 years, and now that I've thought about that.....I have too! What are you working on now.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place to go and restore yourself, LindaLee! If I lived nearby, you would find me in one of those chairs. Congratulations on your moon finish! Do you like it any better? Have a wonderful weekend and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Robin, and you're more than welcome to stop in and enjoy a coffee, tea or even a glass of wine while we chill out in my shed.
    What I can say about my moon piece is that the place for it, is indeed in the shed! LOL I do have three more small pieces that will go with it.
    Plan on staying right at home this weekend. The weather have finally turned cold and rain is expected as well. You enjoy yours and stay well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post , Great stitching .
    And love where you do your stitching .
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving a comment as well. You have a blessed week my friend.

      Delete
  6. I just love that you have a sweet, cozy she shed!! Love the prim piece for your son and wife. Moon was quite a lot of work and how nice it will adorn the wall of your shed. Great poem, you are multi talented for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Good to hear from you. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I'm good in very few things, but putter in many! LOL

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your finish. For the weekend stitch kits I think they mean that you should just stitch and no sleeping allowed! Your She Shed looks great! Did your ever give it a name? I went over and joined your new group and I look forward to seeing The Great Silence come to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for jumping in over at LindaLee's Cross SAL. I'm looking forward to starting my piece. Picked up the fabric today and will do the edges for it tomorrow so it will be set to go. You have a great week my friend.

      Delete
  8. LindaLee: Your Moon is lovely, I too would change the mat color, I think gray is perfect.
    Your shed is beautiful, what fun to be able to get away in your own back yard.
    We cannot have any kind of shed due to covenants.
    I am looking forward to seeing your stitching progress.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Catherine. Good to hear from you my friend. I was at Hobby Lobby today and never even thought to pick up a mat for the moon piece. That's me for you! It is nice to have a small place of my own to kick back in. I like it indeed. You have a great week Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post, LindaLee!
    Yes, to your poem, bring on the new year!
    Your moon/sun piece looks great and I think a different mat would look much better.
    I hope you were able to finish the one for your son and DIL, it's going to be lovely.
    Your she shed looks so inviting, how nice it would be to sit and stitch with you in there!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...