Thursday, November 12, 2020

A Small and Quick Piece

      It was fast at only six hours to stitch and it was an enjoyable stitch.  I stuck with the colors that it called for and I'm happy with the outcome.  Will probably make a pin cushion out of it or maybe just a tiny pillow.  I love little pillows! Here it is below.



     I'm still working on my moon kit.  I'm not really crazy about the piece, but we'll see once it's all done.  Maybe with the clouds complete and the piece in a frame, I'll be happier.  It will be going in my shed.

     We have been so very blessed in this area of North Carolina.  Other than a chilly day or two here and there, we are still having beautiful weather for this time of year.  So many flowers are reblooming actually.  Unbelievable! More Camellias outback.  The shrub is actually loaded this year! I just had to share another photo with you.  You can see the morning due still on them in this one.

     Keep in mind my friends, that I'm planning on starting a new SAL after the first of the new year.  There's already a Facebook page where you can join in.  Check it out at LindaLee's Cross SAL.  All my threads came today, which equaled a truck load really! Going to have Billy help me check to make sure that all that I ordered are there.  Got the DMC at 1-2-3 Stitch.  They're on sale for just sixty cents each.  So I'll get out to my shed in the next couple of days and grab some Aida for the project.  Posting once again, the picture of the piece I'll be stitching.  Can't stress enough how much I just want this new SAL group to be about just kicking back and relaxing with a piece you're enjoying.  So go on over to Facebook and jump in.  We'll meet a lot of new friends also I'm sure.

     Oh my goodness! Can you believe that this year of 2020 is coming to an end soon.  What a year it has been.  I've been keeping the virus.  The business closures.  The people who have lost jobs and are having to stand in lines for food, all in prayer.  Our government as well.  WE HAVE TO START HEALING and move on.  I pray that you all here are doing okay.

     Speaking of the virus and all that's going on at this time..........I decided that I'm not going to struggle with a big turkey this year.  Cornish game hens here.  I still plan on all the usual fixings.  I don't know at this time if it will be just Billy and I, or if our son and his wife will be joining us as well.  Our good friend, Dave, also may be here or maybe not.  Time will tell. 

     I'm going to let you all go for this time.  Please stay safe.  Stay well.  Remember that I love each and every one of you my dears friends and followers.  Last but not least! Feel those colors.



     

     

 

5 comments:

  1. That is a cute little finish and would great as a bowl filler pillow! The weather seems to be a bit chaotic! We are having chilly (for us) mornings which make the house a little cold for the day since these houses have a lot of plaster walls. That is a beautiful piece you will be starting in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new stitch .
    And your SAL will be lovely can't wait to see your grow .
    Our weather is also very mild this year .
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling small you finished, LindaLee! The blooms on your Camellias are gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a sweet pin cushion or pillow.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your moon piece finished, it looks good the last time you showed it.
    Your flowers are still looking beautiful, lucky you!
    The SAL you are going to do looks lovely, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish. Love your new SAL. I will enjoy watching it grow.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...