Saturday, February 13, 2021

Spring On the Way

      Yes it is! It's mid February and spring starts on March 20th, so it isn't too far away.  Living in NH for all the years I did, I know that in the colder states all across the north, it seems like winter will never go away.  I can remember sitting in my kitchen window.  It would be March or April and the ground would still be covered with lots of snow.  I would look out over our yard knowing that underneath all that snow, there was actually life ready to burst up out the ground once again when the sun could warm the soil.  Even though this picture below has no snow whatsoever, it makes me think of all the flowers that struggle to come up every spring everywhere.  


We have been so very blessed this winter, with Orioles! Many of them.  The one and only time I've seen them here in our area in NC, was about four years ago.  Even then, I saw one and one only fly through our yard.  So a few weeks ago, when I started seeing them, we put oranges out right away with the seeds that fill our feeders.  They have been here constantly now, and so many of them! Bluebirds also seem to have multiplied over this last year.  We usually have a pair each year.  This year, again, we have seen as many as six or more at the different feeders. Thank you so much Father.
I don't every often, bring up books here, but Billy and I have become members of our local library's book club.  We started about six months back, and have enjoyed most of the books.  There has been a couple that I just couldn't get into, but the fun of reading books that I would never think to borrow has made the club and reading so very interesting.  Right now we're reading, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.  It's about a young girl that runs off with her caretaker after sneaking her out of the hospital.

 Also, at this time I would like to mention, that LindaLee's Cross SAL has taken off nicely, and not only are we doing our chat room itself but we are video chatting now.  Stitching together, and three of the other ladies there and I plan on reading this book below together.  It has been fun.  Everyone stitches what they want, but we are all actually stitching along, together.  
I've been keeping busy with my stitching............of course! Loving every stitch.  I think of how many hours it has brought me so much pleasure.  I know that you, my friends have these same feelings.  I would love to hear about and see what you're stitching on these days.  I have gotten this much done so far on "Great Silence" by Fran McKay over at her site, Chameleon CS.  I'm loving that I can finally see the actual petals of the flower.  I'm also enjoying all the bright colors.
Another, very small piece I'm picking away at is "Warm Winter Wishes" which I think was a free design from somewhere.  It's nice to work on when it's later in the evening and not much counting is needed.  Even the colors are few.  Few to the point that I'm thinking of adding just a touch of red in a few small places to it.
Billy and I got our first COVID vaccine nearly a month ago.  Going back this week for the second shot.  I pray that this finds yawl here, healthy, staying safe and keeping warm.  Keeping your fingers filled with threads and fabric as well.  
I'm letting you go for this time around.  I love you all.  Keep in mind to "feel the colors" around you.










 


4 comments:

  1. Your projects are looking great, LindaLee. Glad you are enjoying your FB group and your library's book group. What are some of the books that you have read for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello LindaLee, Thak you for your wonderful posts. Always so encouraging and full of delight.

    I love the colours in the snow covered fence, although not bright ones, really beautiful colours nevertheless.
    I'm looking forward to Autumn, my favourite season, our winters in this subtropical region of Australia, are very mild.
    Hugs,
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LindaLee: happy Valentines Day, your stitching is really coming along with the Chameleon design, I too would put a little red on Warm Winter, it is such a cute design.
    We have snow lots and lots with -degree weather here in Minnesota, can you say brrrrr I sure can.
    We are big readers, I belong to a book club.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda Lee I used to read constantly as when I worked I had an hour each way on the train. Now I listen more to audio books when I find the time. I have read The Secret Life of Bees and enjoyed it. I have forgotten to post my stitching in your group so I will have to get on that! But your piece is coming along very nicely! I hope winter will be over for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...