Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Another Freebie!


      Don't  know how many of you are familiar with Sandi Jo.  She has been an online friend of mind forever.  A very sweet lady.  Well this freebie I found through her blog, "Needle Free For All".  She posts free online charts daily, and it's always fun to see what she has found.  This one below was from yesterday.

and you can go here to get the free chart for it..
Even with the flowers, I thought it would be a cute stitch for my kitchen! It would also be a fun SAL, which I may have for a quarterly SAL.  We don't stitch a lot of the same things, which is just one thing that makes LindaLee's Cross SAL a different kind group, Anyway! Thank you Sandi Jo for bringing this to my attention.
Doing a small freebie  as well as my two larger pieces.  Freebie is so simple and something easier to do when it's early evening.  I chose to overlook the colors called for and am doing mine in brown tones.
Also started the new book, "Stationery Shop", and it sure was easy to get right into the story.  Have really been enjoying it.  I'm reading it with two other online friends which is kind of neat. I'm finding though, that I think out of the three of us, I'm the one that is the slow reader!
I realized that the Quince shrub out in our front yard is blooming! I was quite surprised with the cold days we've had off and on.  It's always the first thing to bloom every spring! Oh! I also have a Daffodil that's in bloom.  Another surprise indeed.
Billy and I have had both our COVID shots.  No real problems from them.  I was tired for a couple of days so just slept a lot.  Billy did fine.  Praise God that we do finally have a vaccine.  We can see the number of illnesses and deaths both coming down.  I just pray that they both continue to do the same.

   All the poor people in Texas. Suffering from the frigid weather.  I just can't imagine having to go through that for so many days.  When we lived in Maine, we were without electricity from an ice storm and that lasted for a week  We were fortunate though, as we had a finished basement with a wood stove that kept us toasty warm.  We melted snow and boiled it for cooking and all.  I even took a bath in a 30 gallon plastic bin with water heated on the stove.  Even then though, was nothing like what's going on in Texas today.  No water.  No food.  Empty shelves in the stores and freezing cold homes.  Not to mention the damage from broken pipes and all.  
I am going to stop here.  I do hope that this finds you my sweet friends and followers, doing well.  Staying warm and safe.  This post seems short and boring, and I'm so sorry.  Will try to do better next post.  Love you all.
Don't forget to "feel the colors"

 






5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet words my sweet friend. I am always happy to enable stitchers with free designs. Now since I am retired most of my days is spent stitching or sniffing out free designs to share. I love my life! I am so glad you were safe and warm thru out the cold. It is starting to warm here. It was close to 70° here yesterday with the most amazingly blue skies. I am anxious for it to warm up so I can spend my days in the sunroom stitching and enjoying the many birds, squirrels, bunnies and chipmunks that visit our bed and breakfast. God Bless Linda and God Bless all stitchers! Sandi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda Lee: Cute design thank-you for sharing.
    Have a wonderful day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your latest stitching.
    I am finding the black text hard to read on green back ground . May I suggest that you do it in a lighter colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great so far!
    Last year my parents lost electricity for about 3-4 days, but it was really hard for them on their own and being elderly and we couldn't get to them to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always enjoy reading your posts. I love the One Stitch at a Time piece. Too cute. Yes, Texas.....I cannot imagine what it way like and the months of cleanup and repairs afterwards. Thank's for the book selection, I will have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...