Sunday, April 25, 2021

A Good Sunday Morning

      Yes! A good Sunday morning to all of you! It's 60 here this morning, and we're to get some rain today.  I seem to have developed a cold over the last couple days, and plan on getting a lot of sleep today.  Didn't sleep all that well last night.

     My grand daughter decided about three months ago that she wanted to learn how to cross stitch.  Just knowing that, made my heart smile.  Oh my goodness! She picked it right up and hasn't stopped stitching since! She has finished about five or so pieces, and does beautiful work. She sent me this picture yesterday.  She wants to do up one of these little pillows for her mom for mother's day. I had never seen them before, but what a nice gift. The pillow will be ten by ten when finished.  I'm wondering if these could be made up as prayer shams.  Just like the shawls.  For the gals especially.


     I have a wooden box in my she shed that holds all my WIP's, and here's a picture of one of them below.  Love these little pieces.  All together, I have about ten pieces to finish up.  Not bad I guess, but will be working on them throughout this year, as I said before.  Pretty pieces that I loved when I purchased the charts, and love them still.


A second one that I have.  I remember when I first saw this and loved the colors.  When finished, it will have the word, "stitch" in many different languages.


          It's always nice to see different things coming to life again in the spring.  I put in some Blackberry plants last year, and I noticed that they are not only loaded with buds but have multiplied big time.  I look forward to cooking some sweets up with them.  Then I noticed that the Blueberry shrub that we have is loaded this year. See the berries below, in a picture that is a little blurry.  Sorry folks.  By the way....We have just this one shrub and have to split the berries with the birds!

     Though it's only nine in the morning here, I'm ready to head back to bed for a couple of hours.  Hope this cold is gone tomorrow.
     Love you all so much.  Be well and keep those fingers busy.  Don't forget to "feel the colors".



3 comments:

  1. Nice post LindaLee: How exciting to have your granddaughter wanting to learn to stitch, now you have to have a stitch date every so often with her, you are very lucky to have someone in your family want to learn this beautiful craft.
    Nice WIP I hope you post a photo of the finishing.
    blackberry's are so yummy and blueberries are my favorite.
    I hope you are feeling better soon.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping you are feeling better today. I think that is wonderful that your Granddaughter is cross stitching. Grandmothers are an amazing inspiration for their granddaughters. My paternal Grandmother was such an amazing woman. She a seamstress sewed my Grandfather pajamas from a homemade pattern, she also sewed my father clothing when he was a child. My mother has a sailor suit Gram made him. I want to be like my Grandmas when I grow up! My Maternal Grandma crocheted like an angel. My crocheting is so-so. Again praying for your health my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thrill to have your Grand Daughter so keen and proficient with cross stitch. I can understand how that would make one's heart sing. I shudder at all my little works in progress, like you LindaLee I just keep at them over the year. Love the thought of blackberries cooked. My Grandmother and Mother used to make blackberry pie when I was a child. How delicious it was.
    Do hope you are feeling somewhat recovered by the time you read my post. Sending you enfolding healing hugs,
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...