Saturday, April 24, 2021

Nearly May and a Finish

      Yep! Nearly May and I'm realizing now how long it has been since my last post! Oh my! I do hope this finds all of you well and staying safe still with this COVID continuing to do ups and downs.  We're getting out a little bit here, but being careful still with masks and all.  I have to say that we felt like a couple of kids at the farmer's market a couple of weeks ago.  A lot of it is outside completely and other venders are in a building with huge doors all opened up.  Breezy inside even, and we got to smile and chat with many  others that were there.  Picked up some fresh veggies and just enjoyed the time out.

     I just have to show you my Clematis this season.  Every year it seems to get bigger and I just love the color of the flowers on this one.  Azaleas also are in bloom in the area.  Beautiful pinks and purples of all shades.


I finished "Love Abides" and picked it up from the framer's the other day.  Here it is below.

I must say that it was one of my most enjoyable stitches, and my little daughter-in-law absolutely loves it.  This is another piece that I started out doing for my own home, but when her and my son bought the new house, I changed my mind.  I'm glad I did.  My son is in PA for a couple of weeks for his job right now.  
I have put aside "Great Silence" for the time being, as my grand daughter-in-law wanted the "Grey Alien" done up.  Right now it looks like "The Blue Blob", LOL.  This is what it looks like today, and I don't expect anyone to see the alien yet! I cant even tell much, and I know what I'm doing! LOL

 
I'll continue working bits and pieces of "Great Silence" as I do love it and the colors in it are delicious.

I'm enjoying my she shed and am glad that the warmer spring weather is coming.  We have had some warm sunny days, but still we dip down into the mid thirties for a night or two. So if the morning is chilly I turn the heater on that I have for the shed.  It won't be long though before I'll need the air conditioning again.  Right now though, I have a jigsaw puzzle going out there, which covers the entire table top.  So not much room for anything else.  Loving the puzzle though and I made some nice progress on it yesterday. Just look at those colors, and I must say that I am so feeling them.  By the way, a very dear online friend that I have had for years, sent me this.  Thank you again, Becky.

  
     Well, I decided a few weeks back, that this needs to be my finish year.  I won't be starting anymore new pieces until I finish my WIPs.  It has become ridiculous to me to continue purchasing new charts 
when I have some that are years old, and untouched since I got them.  I'm speaking for myself my dear friends and followers.  I'm not getting any younger.  Actually turned 75 in March, and I want to stitch all the charts that I have loved for so long.  All the fabric is waiting as well! Oh my!

I have also come to realize, that what has become a habit of mine, is to sit down with my first cup of coffee every morning, and stitch for at least an hour.  As much as I love to stitch, I want to spend more time here and on my site, "LindaLee's Cross SAL". Otherwise, I stitch and then get up and wander off to other things in the house. So, I'll be here first thing in the mornings and staying close to you, my dear friends and followers.  I have missed you!
That said, I will let you go for today.  I pray that you're all doing well, and keeping your fingers busy with beautiful colors and fabrics.  Love each and every one of you.  Stay safe and don't forget to "feel the colors".
 

 



5 comments:

  1. LindaLee: I is a pleasure to have a post from you.
    The Sampler and frame are beautiful, what a sweet gift for your son and daughter in law.
    I am looking forward to seeing the alien, I watch the craziest series, it is called Resident Alien, a very funny but strange series, they are on hiatus for spring.
    I like puzzles but never find the time to do one.
    It is wonderful that we can get out now, I hope the masks go away very soon, however that does not seem to be the case, ouch.
    Hugs

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine. Good to hear from you. I have been so involved with my stitching, that I have not posted much, as you know. I've missed my dear friends here. Love you my sweet friend.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back , I did miss you .
    We are fine in the UK just coming back out of lock down .Love your stitching and your flowers Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It's good to be back.
    Masks are still required here wherever you go, and social distancing still practiced. One day this will all be behind us.
    I thank you for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish is lovely Linda. It looks like you are coming along on that lovely flower too...wow! Love jigsaw puzzles and that button one you are working on is so pretty. The weather here is supposed to be in the 70° to 83° range this week. We are enjoying our birds and delicious flowers here. You may be 75 but you still are a little girl inside, I know I am. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...