Saturday, July 30, 2022

August!

      Yes indeed! It's August already, and I'm sure by now many of you are looking forward to fall weather.  It has been a hot and humid summer, but some things we have to endure while we wait for the nicer things.  I hope this finds you all healthy and keeping those fingers busy with beautiful colors.

     I just got back home from nearly a month long vacation.  I had looked forward to the getaway to NH for over a year, but didn't realize just how much I needed it as well.  New Hampshire is my home state, and I have so much family and good friends there.  I saw a number of my cousins that I hadn't seen in 33 years! Imagine that! When we got together, it was just like we had never parted.  What fun and I love them all so much.  Got to see more cousins and my son and his beautiful wife along with grandchildren and a great grand.  There were so many things going on and every one of them was fun.  Trivia nights with dinner out a couple of times a week.  Watching my daughter-in-law as she played pickleball.  Got to know lots of friends of hers.  Walks and a camping trip.  Spending a day at the beach I went to as a child a lot.  Taught my little grand, Isaiah, how to catch tiny crabs there and he loved swimming there.  I learned to play Phase 10 and we played nearly every night.  I now miss everyone and am determined that my next trip to NH will be a lot sooner than this one.

     A beautiful wall quilt that I found for $5.00 at a thrift shop.  It has a name and a date of 1997 on the back, and it stitching is beautiful.  It looks brand new, and I'm getting ready to hang it.  It's 35" x 35".


     When I left for my trip, I brought a piece with me that is in my rotation pieces.  Once up there, I realized that I had left a number of the specialty threads at home! Duh! Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of stitching done, but this is what I was working on.


I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things, now that I'm home again.  I also hope that this finds you all well and doing okay in the heat of this summer.
I love you all and last but not least, "Feel the Colors".



 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely trip .
    Your quilt you found looks lovely .
    And lovely stitching .
    Oh yes I feel the colour's

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...