Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Staying Busy

Today was a busy day indeed and a beautiful sunny one as well.  The senior center had a couple of programs for us "care givers" and it was quite overwhelming  to say the least.  Up until today, I felt that we had taken care of all paperwork as far as power of attorney, etc., goes.  With Bill's dementia setting in though, I need to do so much of it all over again! Oh goodness! This will be time consuming as well as probably upsetting for me.  It does need to be done though, and it will all better for the both of us.

This year, the Camelia outback is just loaded with flowers.  They range from a pretty pink to white with yellow centers.  Noticed tiny little bees in some of them this afternoon.   



Started another throw for a church pew over the weekend, and this time, I'm using YarnBee's sugarwheel for it.  I love the way it changes the different colors.  Less cutting and weaving in.  I have a hard time changing to a different pattern, as the shell stitch works up so quickly.  This particular color palette has so many greens in it, and green is indeed my favorite! Looking at how much is done with one skein leads me to believe that I'll need to pick up another on top of the three that I have.

 


I did cave........but it was the first time in a very long time! I purchased the PDF for Hare and the Basket sampler.  I want to fill one wall in our guest room with samplers, and I like what this one says.  Colors are pretty as well.  So this may be the piece I start after my current cross stitch is completed.


If any of you have a "cross stitch" wall, and would like to share it here, please email me a picture of it.  My email is MissLindaLee@ecc.rr.com   I would love to post any of your pictures here for you.

I'll let you all go for this evening.  Have a blessed night and know that I love you all.  Thanks for being so loyal and sticking with me, even though I lag behind so often.  

Last of all, don forget to "feel the colors".



3 comments:

  1. Lovely new chart , and crochet throw is wonderful .
    Take care , life can be difficult , with these forms .
    Never easy , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! The sampler makes me want to pick up stitching again. It's been awhile since I've visited and am very glad that you are still writing. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped in Karmyl! Now pick up that needle and work on something with lots of beautiful colors.

      Delete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...