Monday, November 13, 2023

That Time of Year!

   Yes indeed! A chilly 54 degrees at one today, and it has been drizzly all day.  Leaves are falling off the trees and we're seeing less people out walking when we're out and about.  The little ones getting on the school busses in the mornings are now all decked out with jackets and hats and even most of us big folk have opted for long sleeves and shoes rather than sandals.  You can step outside some evenings or early mornings and are met with the smell of a woodstove nearby.  Hot cups of coffee or tea  are favored in mid afternoons rather than an ice tea or soda. Yep! It's that time of year! 

     I have several Christmas cacti and all are full of buds at this time and a couple of them, in bloom.   Here's the first to bloom below.  My yellow one is right behind it and I'll take a picture of that one tomorrow.


   I'm working on the afghan as well as my cross stitch piece at this time.  Cross stitch in the morning with my first up of hot coffee, and the crochet any other time of the day.  Not so much counting so less need to concentrate so hard.  The afghan also feels good on your lap as you're working on it this time of year.


I got such a lovely gift from a very dear and long online friend.  I was very surprised an so happy when I opened it.  She does beautiful work, and her and I both love Teresa Kogut's designs.  So the tote and needle book is made from a fabric designed by Teresa! By the way.....This is my morning do! Thank you my sweet friend, Louise. Oh! Also, she made a needle book from the same fabric and the zipper fob is adorable all by itself with a butterfly, bluebirds, an I love you heart and a mustard seed attached.  Such a thoughtful and wonderful gift! 

  


I must show you this beautiful piece that my grand daughter did.  Some of you may know Ashley from LindaLee's Cross SAL group.  I taught her how to cross stitch about a year and a half ago, and she hasn't quit yet! She picked it right up and has done some beautiful pieces.  Just look at the colors in this one that she just finished!


     We went out to eat the other night, for all you can eat shrimp and/or Alaskan king crab legs, and I did indeed eat my fill! As usual! Anyway.....Before going inside, I just had to take this picture of the beautiful sky.  God is so good!


     I should let you go now.  Note that I started this blog yesterday afternoon at one, and it is now nine on Monday morning.  How quickly things change.  Though it's breezy this morning, the sun is shining brightly and the sky is a beautiful blue.  Birds are busy feeding.

     So keep those fingers busy and come back soon.  Love you all, and remember to "feel the colors"!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...