Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas Day

Merry Christmas to all of my faithful followers and I pray that the new year ahead will be good to us all.  The day was nice and sunny here all day in the mid 60's.  We stayed right here at home due to a fall that Bill took the other night.  

Oh yes! He fell hard and we were blessed to find out at the emergency room after we waited for close to six hours, that no bones were broken.  He had his middle finger on his left hand so out of place that the bone did break through the flesh, but it was set and more x-rays showed that it wasn't broken at all.  Bruised ribs and muscles.  Emergency room staff was very surprised that he hadn't broken anything! Still very, very sore with a hand swollen was up beyond the wrist.  Hard for him to breathe deeply or even move around actually.  Here he is now, and no need to show the awful looking x-ray before the finger was set.  Swollen everywhere today and has a black eye.  It will be a few weeks before he's feeling himself again.


I got the blanket I was working on completed, and after Bill telling me so many times how much he liked it and loved the colors, I decided I would gift it to him for Christmas.  The next one I make will be another one for the church.  Here's a picture.  Easy double crochet throughout.

 


A little closer look here. 



Wondering what all of you have planned for the new year.  What beautiful stitched pieces you're looking at to start.  Whether it be cross stitched, knitted or crocheted.  So many gorgeous things to make out there.  Always finding more and new things also!

Hey! Wondering about new year's resolutions also! I have two only.  First is to listen for God's guidance and directions and the second is to keep my eye on my priorities.  That's it.  Tell me yours!

Well I'm going to let you all go for this time around.  Only six here but it feels so much later.  Lost track of time and days even since Bill fell.  Time to get back on track.

Love to each and every one of you, and don't forget to "feel the colors"!



1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on blogs. Happy New Year! I'm sorry that Bill took such a bad fall. Glad nothing was broken. Sending healing prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...