Saturday, December 2, 2023

Some Fun and Some Rest

      The Senior Center here in Havelock had their annual Christmas party last night.  Weeks and weeks of planning, purchasing prizes and food, getting donations from local businesses, selling tickets and decorating go into this one night.  It takes lots of time and energy for this one night to turn out well, and it always does.  The DJ had a picture booth as well this year, and here's what Bill and I came home with.


My little daughter-in-law, jokingly calls me "Queen Mother"! So I chose the crown to wear! LOL  We ate way too much and once home, went right to bed!

We woke up this morning with an overcast sky, but a nice temperature of 65.  Then and there we decided that it would be a stay at home day with hot cups of coffee and warm and toasty toes as well.  Of course Bill got his nap in while I worked on the lap blanket I'm making.  So far so good.  It's a quick stitch and easy to remember directions.  I'm also like the pure white crocheted in with the off white.  The off white makes the pure white pop.


I just can't believe that this is the month of December! It seems that I was up camping for the week with my family in NH, and that was in June this year.  We had so much fun, and I've already reserved our spot for next July.  Looking forward to the swimming and hiking.  Playing board games in the evenings and making and sharing meals with the family.

I saw this picture online the other day and fell in love with the chair.  It is so amazing to me to see all these beautiful colors together on one piece of furniture! "If you love color, you can feel it", and I can certainly feel this chair.
Love you all!
  

  




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Photo , of you both , you look like the king and Queen .
    Lovely blanket , hugs June .

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...