Sunday, September 28, 2014

Love To Putter!

     I just love to putter around the house, and do seem to get so much more done than when I try diving into any certain job.  Puttering to me is working at a leisurely pace and often it's little jobs that are actually enjoyable.  The past few days has been good days for this type of thing.  It has cooled off to the point that we haven't needed the AC on.  You're just as comfortable working outside as you are in.  The house has been quiet and the excitement of fall just feels good.  I hope all of my dear friends here are enjoying this time of year as much as we are.

     I've gotten back into my stitching and it does feel so good.  If I can get just an hour in a day then I'm happy.  This piece calls for three threads worked together for some of the colors in it, but the three are then worked in just half crosses.  Lots of great colors in the finish but now only a few can be seen.


     While having my infusion the other day, I decided to knit up another face/dishcloth.  I loved the colors in this one.  With the premeds they give me before the infusion, it's hard to concentrate on counting stitches, so something like this quick and easy cloth, I can still do something during the procedure.


     I decided that I would finally do up some turmeric paste so when I decide to have a cup of golden milk, it would be ready to mix with milk and heat.  Put in a tiny bit of coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom along with the turmeric this time.  The paste will last about a month in the fridge, and about a quarter cup of turmeric made about six ounces of the paste.  Here it is being heated, and here



     I was so surprised a couple of days ago when I received a package in the mail from a dear lady back in NH.  She was given strips of material and when she saw all the colors she said, she thought of me.  So she made me a beautiful good sized tote bag.  Here it is all packed for a first getaway.  The


strips of fabric are first made into quilted blocks and then put together to form the tote.  There are seven good sized pockets inside as well.  Thank you so much Sharon.

     Any hints on organization? Bill and I both are up for it and want to get this house organized. Want to live life more simplified.  Less stuff means more time, so any helpful hints would be appreciated.

     Now I need to let all of you, my sweet friends and followers go for the evening.  Once again...I do hope that a lot of you are enjoying a little cooler fall weather.  I know some people here in the states have even had snow! Oh my!

     Until next time, stay safe and well, and don't forget to "Feel the Colors".

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I haven't been by in a while. Glad to see you're keeping going with everything. Do take care!!!
    As for organizing and simplifying, you are right less stuff to move, clean, etc. means more time to do fun things! I like to take everything out of a space, drawer, box, etc. and with a 'clean slate' just put back what should be there. We donate a lot of stuff to various organizations in town that have 'thrift' stores. It helps them and we feel better about getting rid of something that is still good or works. Take care and I'll visit again sooner next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bag/tote!!! I keep meaning to make some for my studio to store things in but somehow never quite get around to it! My first suggestion on de-cluttering you home and therefore your life is to sell some stuff on ebay. Seriously, I have been going through a de-clutter mode for a couple of years now... sometimes it takes longer to let go of some things than others so it will happen in layers. At least that is how it has been working for me. Plus, selling some things on ebay not only helps in the process of de-cluttering and letting go but also gets you some extra cash in your pocket. Never hurts on that note! :D I began my de-clutter with a huge garage sale 2 or was it 3 years ago... that was major... I sold stuff from every room of my house. It took me months to get ready for it but wow what a feeling of airiness once it was all gone! I haven't looked back since, regularly finding more things to part with! LOL Good luck and keep me posted on how it is all going! Also, sorry to hear about your extended stay in hospital this past summer... Eeeek! Not anyone's idea of a vacation/spa!!!
    Hugs always my sweet blogging sister,
    Beth P
    P.S. thanks for the uplifting thoughts on turning 60!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...