Thursday, March 8, 2018

Oh For Spring Time

     This time of year it does seem to so many, that spring weather will just never arrive.  Same here in this part of North Carolina.  We had several beautiful days but knew that winter's cold was still going to come back and hit us.  It has indeed.  Though we don't have any snow in this area, we do have a strong and biting cold wind.    We've also had a few days of rain and a few just misty cloudy days.  On the other hand! We have different flowers that have been in bloom for about three weeks and more.  The colors are lovely and just the sight of them can make one's heart smile!




You can also see fat buds on trees.  Most are green but you do also see red and white and even yellow buds.  The cherry trees have bloomed and are now dropping petals.  In a couple of weeks we'll see the pollen from the pines blowing through the air over the roadways and through the rural areas.  The birds are gathering up soft mosses and pine needles and making their nests in the bird boxes we have.  Yes.  Spring in certainly on the way and we all look forward to the changes and the new life it brings to this wonderful world.
     Finally finished up! I say "finally" as I thought I would never get the veins in the two large leaves right......Truth is, is that they still aren't correct, but enough is enough! I put in a total of 43 hours on this.  Enjoyed working with the autumn colors and the stitch was really easy and enjoyable.

     I did up another set of three dish cloths as well.  These are fun knitting up as they make nice gifts and they're quick.  Only thing is, is that there is always left over yarn and I never know what to do with it.  I have an idea though and I'll try it.  Will show you all when I've finished it.  For now though, here are the cloths.  I always like doing one up with the variegated and a couple in matching colors.

     
     I've been enjoying doing some redecorating at home.  I've fallen in love with the farmhouse and country look.  Getting a lot of great ideas from different pages on Facebook as well as Pinterest.  Here's a before and after picture of an old piece of furniture I picked up second hand a few weeks back.  It now sits in my kitchen and is being used as a "coffee"  bar.  Not the first time I've  painted pieces  with this red and I always love the way it turns out.  This is chalk paint covered with a dark wax.



     One last picture, and I must, must, must show you this! My birthday is this month and my sweet Billy and our best friend, Dave bought this beautiful sewing machine for me! Not only is it in tip top shape, but came with the case and is fully operational as well.  Sounds so good! I love it, and it does fit right in with my new decor!

     I know I said that there was just the one more picture, but I just remembered that I have this one of our sweet friend, Dave.  This was one day when I was getting ready to prepare some collards.  Tell me he doesn't have a sense of humor! We sure enjoy Dave so much.  He is such a best friend of ours and we truly love him.

     Well I need to let ya'll go now.  Thank you to all of my dear friends and followers for stopping in to see what's going on here.  Sometimes there isn't much.  Sometimes there's a lot.  It's always interesting to me though to live in my world.  I'm so blessed.  Come back again and in the meantime, be well, stay safe and don't forget to "feel the colors".

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! What a great gift from your guys! Love your stitched piece! And great pictures of the flowers! Can't wait until more are blooming here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LindaLee, what a wonderful post to read and view. Your flower pictures are gorgeous. We had seen little bits of spring here in my neck of Virginia, so I know it is coming. You fall stitch is beautiful; so rich on color. What a lovely piece of furniture you are using for your coffee bar. Nice birthday gift you received! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Thanks for sharing. The red on the cabinet looks great. Congrats on your fall finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am way behind in reading stitchers' blogs so am trying to catch up! I love your re-do of the cabinet that is your new coffee bar. It's look so inviting. :) Happy belated birthday and many more!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...