Wednesday, August 28, 2019

First Hurricane of the Season

     Yes.  Dorian is picking up speed and now it may hit the Florida coast.  Only time will tell, but y'all please. take the next few days of the weather reports seriously and prepare if need be.  If it heads our way, basically, all we need to do is get things in the yard put away.  Also, everything on our porch needs to come in.  We aren't in an area that floods at all so we're very blessed. Just stay close once again, to the weather stations and channels.

     I finished up the little pillow for some friends.  About five by nine or so, but I like the way it turned out.  Going to place it in a box with some other goodies and get it sent off.  A quick and fun stitch.


     Still working on Quaker Seasons and just about to the bottom at this point.  Working on the blue flowers and the Quaker motifs between them.  I've enjoyed doing this one but I'm looking forward to


finishing it up.  Like just about all stitchers, I have a ton of charts and fabric and threads that I want to get out.

     Did I tell ya'll that I'm getting a she shed soon! Hubby has it ordered and a date when they'll be hauling it here to it's home.  I love creating, and look at this as one big project where I can be creative and have fun with all my colors and all.

     Oh my goodness! My trees are now in another two stages and as always, the butterflies, bees and Hummingbirds are really enjoying them.  Here are another two pictures showing the latest stages.



     In the first picture you can actually see three stages.  First with the petals closed.  Then they open and you can see the green berry inside.  The last one here is when the berries turn a deep purple blue.

     I'm going to let y'all sit back and relax now.  Get out those beautiful pieces you're working on.  Thank you so much for coming by and please don't forget the comments.  I love em'!

     Last but certainly not the least.  Stay safe while the weather comes through the next few days.  Stay well and don't forget to "feel the colors".  Love you all.

 

6 comments:

  1. Your pillow finish for your friends is darling. I love the Quaker piece you are working on. I look forward to seeing your she shed down the road. I hope you will share plenty of pictures. Take care and keep a watch on Dorian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LindaLee: Your pillow turned out perfect, the Quaker design is beautiful, love it.
    Exciting about your She Shed you go girl.
    Please stay safe during the storm.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you LindaLee for your lovely posts, which are a;ways so uplifting. I love the little pillow, what a great thrill to receive that in the mail with other goodies. Your friends will surely love it.

    I'm keen to see your "She Shed." That sounds like a super creative project I'll be keen to see your progress.

    I too have Quaker Seasons in my "started, not completed" projects. Started it to commemorate my late wonderful Mother.

    Thank you for that brilliant stained glass photo. I share your love of colour, where would we be without it.?
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful pillow finish. Great work on your WIP too. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos too. How neat to see all the stages in one photo. Hope the weather is going to be okay for you now that is has shifted.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...