Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday!

     I don't know where the weeks go sometimes! Here it is Friday again, and for those who work, must be looking forward to the end of their work shifts.  Hopefully y'all have some nice plans for the weekend.  Whether they are to just stay at home and relax with some stitching in your hands or things away.........Enjoy! I think back to when I used to work, and remember looking forward to weekends.  Just a couple of days off helped to get back into the swing of things and come Mondays work didn't seem so bad.  I was fortunate though.  Never had a job that I didn't like.

     I don't think that I have an awful lot for you this morning my dear followers.  I must show you the beautiful sunrise though.  God is so amazing! Every sunrise and every sunset is different than any before them.  This was taken from my front porch.


I noticed a few days ago, and then again yesterday, that the violets are in bloom in our back yard.  We have been blessed with such nice weather these last few weeks that even the blueberry bush is loaded with tiny blossoms.  Of course, it being only January, we could get some very cold weather and everything will have to start all over again.  Time will tell.  I did get a picture of  one of the Camellia out in the front yard.  They bloom in the winter of course, and come in all kinds of delicious colors.  This one just happens to be a deep pink.  We have a paler pink in the back yard.  They both are and have been loaded with blossoms this year.


Yesterday was quite busy.  Our little Guthrie had to go for surgery.  The usual neutering for our little boy.  When the little girl across the street asked why he had to have an operation....I kind of stammered before I answered her with, "He just had to go for a small adjustment".  It turned out to be a bigger deal than usual, as one testicle never descended.  So they had to go up inside to locate and remove it.  He seems to be doing very well this morning and we do have the head cone for when he starts at it.  He doesn't wander too far from me ever, and is right at my feet sound asleep at this moment.

After a busy day, I just worked on the scarf.  It's close to being finished and I love the easy pattern.  As long as I keep track of the row I'm on, which I do with a tiny device you wear on your finger as you work.  The pattern itself is easy to remember and the needles are nines.  I did pick up another two skeins of yarn for the next one.  I love, love, love greens, so I think this one will be a joy to work up  It's "I Love This Yarn" and the color is spring green.  This will be number three to put aside for next Christmas.


Keep in mind dear friends, that if you're working on something and you would like to post a picture of your progress here, just send the picture to my email address, which is MissLindaLee@ec.rr.com and I'll post it here with your name and blog address if you indeed have a blog.  Send the pictures to me and use "my work" as the subject line.  Include your blog address as well.  That way you not only get another way to show your beautiful pieces, but may gain some new followers as well.  So please feel free.  Other pictures too if you would like, such as family pictures.  Vacations.  Your gardens.  Pretty scenery, etc..  Nothing political please as we get enough of that on Facebook! Keep in mind also, that I'm a Christian and love our Lord!

So, I need to let y'all go for now.  I'm hoping to get my sewing area cleaned up and organized once again.  Not that I have too much stash mind you!

Have a good weekend full of blessings, and stay warm and well.  Remember once again, to "feel the colors".


Fall Foliage Afghan free crochet pattern This Afgan is very easy to make as it has a very simple design. It�s full of autumnal colors and edgy lines, to keep it interesting. #afghan #crochet #freepattern


12 comments:

  1. I like your answer of just alittle adjustment. Good one. I like your coloured blanket. Yes, sunsets and sunrises are bearutful. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little girl is six and I just didn't quite know what to say.....Hugs back to you my lady.

      Delete
  2. We had camellias growing in our front yard when I was growing up and my mom used to bring them inside and float them in a bowl of water--haven't thought of that in years so thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cathy! There sure aren't many flowers that bloom this time of year. Go for it! They'll make you smile every time you look at them.

      Delete
  3. Love the sunrise photo you shared, LindaLee! What a beautiful fall looking blanket you shared at the end of your post! What a lovely yarn you picked up for your next scarf! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin. It's so good to see you back. The sunrise was so pretty, that I couldn't let it go by without a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda Lee so happy to see you back blogging again. You were missed. Thank you so much for stopping by and seeing us too. I love the sunrise photo...so peaceful and pretty. That is a gorgeous blanket. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comment RJ. I really did miss blogging and now I just don't want to ever stop. I missed you two as well! Have a great week ahead my dear follower. It's great hearing from you again.

      Delete
  6. Precioso amanecer y precioso trabajo.Feliz fin de semana:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Rosa M. God paints those sunrises I'm sure! Every one of them is different! I'm going to stop in again and see what you have done with your tiny things. Your work amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sunrise photo!! And I love the scarf too - maybe that's a pattern I will get onto next! I hope your little boy is doing alright after his surgery....hard when they don't really know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LindaLee: That sunrise is beautiful, I look forward to seeing a good sunset, we have had lots of clouds and snow.
    The green tone yarn is lovely.
    Your afghan reminds me of the sunrise photo you poated, very beautiful and warming.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...