Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sunday Evening

     Hello to all my dear followers and I hope your Sunday was filled with all kinds of good things and maybe even some relaxation with needle and thread! My stitching chair was empty all day today.  I was going to clean and straighten out my stitching area.  Well..........To show you how this close to 74 year old mind works.....  I decided that I was going to clean and organize my stitching area as I said.  To get started, I went to my pantry which is right off the kitchen to grab a small trash bag.  So far so good! I am happy to let y'all know, that at this time, that I now have three drawers in the kitchen which have been cleaned out.  Wiped down and organized.  I also cleaned out my utensil crock, which before I did, had filled up not only with the utensils I use nearly every day, but ones that I use maybe once a month or more.  Those did have a place of their own before they made it to the crock! My stove top is now spotless again and my countertops are as well.  Oh! The trash bag that I was going to use in my stitching room, was indeed used well.  When I put it outside, it was filled with old straws and wayward toothpicks as well as small and useless utensils and used towels that I used for cleaning! Now that's how this mind works!

     So tomorrow morning, after we get back from Planet Fitness, I'll sit for a couple of hours with my stitching and then clean the area.  It's going to get down to around 24 degrees tonight and be very cold tomorrow as well.  A morning in the sunshine that covers my stitching chair is going to be great, and I just may put on a nice stew or soup for supper.  We have really been blessed with a number of weeks of warmer weather this year, so this coming cold we can't complain about.  It's all a natural part of the season!

     I discovered another blog today which I thought was really nice. It's called My Heartstring and you can find it at http://thetwistfamily.blogspot.com/ .  Beth Twist is the owner of the blog and you really need to stop in.  Below, is one of her free charts.  I'm going to post a picture of her finish as well.  She used specialty threads, which you'll find listed on her blog, but like Beth said, "Use any of your favorite autumn colors".  I love her finish!



     

     In her blog, she gives permission to use the chart as well as sell any pieces that you make with it, but she would like for you to be sure to mention her name.  So once again.  This is a free chart designed by Beth Twist.

     I was so glad to hear that Marilyn received her gift box and that she was happy with the contents.  I love to have giveaways and have had quite a few.  So I'm sure more will come up in the future and all my followers will have more chances to win.  I have so much fun doing this.

     I know this is a short post, but it's going on nine here now and my eyes are telling me that they've had enough for today! So until next post, please take care y'all and stay warm and well.  Love every one of you here.  As always.........."Feel the colors".


   

   

5 comments:

  1. Oh Spring cleaning , I start but never get time to finish my craft room I find to many wonderful treats in there .
    Have a lovely new week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a small chuckle over your grabbing the trash bag to clean your stitching area and part of your kitchen got cleaned instead. You will enjoy reading Beth's blog. Enjoy your Monday, LindaLee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at your description of cleaning your craft room. I also get distracted easily. At least you made some good progress on something that needed to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I do that all the time. At least something got cleaned haha. We had a cold snap here in Indiana too.

    ReplyDelete

Stuff

    Just stuff! Things that keep me from my needlework! ...Doctor appointments! As we're getting older I find there are more and more of...